Options

It was love at first site...

VagabondsVagabonds Member Posts: 35
Hello everyone! 

I have been lurking here for a few months now and thought it was time to become an active participant!

Our T@b M@x CS-S Sofitel is on order and expected to arrive late September-ish.  We have not camped much together but I camped in a mid-70's Shasta as a child and husband is retired military--so he's boondocked a lot!

The husband found his "mid-life crisis vehicle"--Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon--and we began talking about camping...then it was all about what the jeep could tow.  We looked at a few trailers on dealer lots and could not find anything light enough that we liked (brown, beige, brown and more brown, and built with toothpicks). 
I found the T@b online after looking at vintage trailers and then other teardrops and the Silver Shadow.  So, after lots of research and reading this forum, here we are excitedly waiting for our new "baby" to arrive! 

We are very impressed with the T@b quality (well I have yet to see one "in the flesh") and I was so excited to find this forum and through it the Facebook pages for T@b owners/lurkers. I have learned so very much and it was very helpful in deciding which model and what options to order.

Thank you all so very much
for your knowledgeable postings! I hope that I can contribute in a meaningful way as we roll merrily along this new adventure, and hope to meet some of you out there!

(Mouse-ke-t@b we are in Madison/Huntsville area :) and love Disney too!)

Future happy campers,
Pam (and the husband... + 2 golden retrievers)
Pam (and the husband..+2 golden retrievers)--2016 T@b M@x CS-S Sofitel (towed by a 2015 Jeep WrglrUnlim Rubicon)

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Welcome. We're glad you found us and we're glad to have found you. Keep reading and you'll find a lot of helpful hints and how some of the characters here (myself included) do their "camping thing". Have fun.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Vagabonds said:

The husband found his "mid-life crisis vehicle"--Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon--and we began talking about camping...then it was all about what the jeep could tow.  

People have accused me of both my Jeep and the T@b bring my mid-life crisis. I must have missed te crisis, lol.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    It could still come Jenn - You'll be buying an old Vette or Harley and hitting Route 66 ;-)
  • Options
    Hans111Hans111 Member Posts: 47
    We're waiting (and waiting, and waiting!) on our Sofitel too, Vagabonds. In the meantime, this forum has taught us so much and made us more confident in our decision. We had to travel to another state for a dealer and we saw a few T@Bs that day--and have come across two since. Every time we've been a little surprised at just how tiny they are. But that's one of the things that attracted us to them. Like you, we don't want a giant TV.
    Have fun!
    Doug
    Des Moines Iowa
    2016 S Max Sofitel
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    It could still come Jenn - You'll be buying an old Vette or Harley and hitting Route 66 ;-)
    You will know it has cine if I ever get a tattoo (highly unlikely.)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Welcome Vagabonds!! If you want to see a T@B in the flesh, I'd be happy to show you mine!! Although it is an older Dutchmen.

Just send me a private message, and we'll set up a time.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL