Options

Stock tire to LT?

Just looking at tire options form my 2020 320 non boondock. Stock is the 205/75/14. Is the 27x8.5x14 General Grabber too big? It's around a 6% increase in size. 26.1" to 27" in height. 

Comments

• Options
    subfreq111subfreq111 Member Posts: 45
    Plenty of room on my 2018 for an extra inch. I saw these in person on another 320 in Washington. They look good. I will likely go this route when I no longer trust my original tires. Just curious, did you damage a tire or did you manage to wear a set out in three years. If the latter, bravo!
    Nick / 2018 T@B 320 S / 2010 VW Jetta TDI / Coeur d'Alene, ID
  • Options
    BrianRBrianR Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the feedback! To answer your question, no, mine are still in good shape. I was at a local RV show recently and saw the Helios with the General Grabber tires. It's all about the look! When the time comes, or a bit sooner, I would like to have a set. :)
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    @BrianR
    We've been very happy with the Grabbers on our 2015 Outback 320,  they've only got about 15,000 miles on them but look brand new.  Planning on replacing soon, and will probably go with the same tire.  The trailer has been pulled on snowy roads and the tires have been great,  no complaints at all.  We run them about 35psi and the trailer doesn't bounce, 50 psi was excessively harsh and hard on the camper.  I monitor the temp of bearings and tires at every stop  with the back of my hand, and they've never gotten hot.  They make for a great trailer tire.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I found they looked great on the Helio(Canadian Teardrop) and I like the look of the boondock tires. It will be my preferred tire when the time comes. I was a bit concerned about having room but they aren't much larger than stock.
  • Options
    subfreq111subfreq111 Member Posts: 45
    @BrianR I may also consider the BFG Radial T/A in a 225/70-14. I think matching white letter tires on the tab and my 69 GMC might look pretty sharp!
    Nick / 2018 T@B 320 S / 2010 VW Jetta TDI / Coeur d'Alene, ID
  • Options
    I haven't looked at that tire. The Grabbers are not easy to find around here(Atlantic Canada) My truck isn't close to be cool either. :)