Options

Trickle charge connection

i have just purchased a used 2018 400, how do I connect a trickle charger to the battery in the aft storage compartment or doi just keep it plugged into the 110 Ac house voltage with the dog one?

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    We just keep ours plugged into shore power over the winter.  If you have solar on your 400 and live in an area that gets enough sun over the winter that would probably be plenty to keep the battery topped off.  It is so cold where we live that our solar controller shuts itself off for most of the winter so we keep the trailer plugged in.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    AndreOAndreO Member Posts: 69
    I swiched to lithium but when i had AGM's i would take mine out and store it in the garage.

However if you dont have a victron connected you can just fully charge them then turn off the  disconnect switch. The internal resistance on AGM's are fairly low so they will be fine for the winter. If you do have a victron you will have to disconnect one of the battery posts to prevent it from drawing any current.

On a side note and rarely ever mentioned, you should desulfate your AGM's once or twice a year to improve performance and battery life.

AndreO
    Ontario, Canada
    2018 Tab 400
    Ford F150 2.7 Lariat
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    If you don’t want to involve the converter, I think you can charge through the 7 pin.  Better yet, thoroughly charge the AGM and check on it during the winter.  

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/177072#Comment_177072
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio