Options

Victron MPPT LiFePO4 Settings

Sure that this has been discussed, but not having luck searching.

With my AGM's, I had the Battery Preset set to "User Defined" with Absorption @ 14.6V and Float @ 13.6V per the battery manufacturer specs.

Digging around in the Victron app I found the "Smart Lithium (LiFePO4)" setting. When selected it changed my Absorption to 14.2V and Float to 13.5V.

Is this the setting that others use or is there a User Defined setting that's preferred?

Stockton, New Jersey
2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,671
    Did your battery come with a spec sheet? 

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,289
    @pthomas745, not a helpful one. Looks like the 14.2V absorption might be good. I have an email out requesting more information, but thought there may be some general rules for LiFePO4's.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 213
    edited February 2023

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• Options
    edited February 2023
    That's an interesting link @Maxcamp8. Reading through the blog and the comments also provided some good information and more questions.

Battle Born recommends using the User Defined setting with the absorption voltage at 4.6 volts (acceptable range of 14.4 to 14.6 volts). Makes me question if this is something unique to the Battle Born batteries. The default Victron lithium setting is 14.2V and the spec sheet for my battery that I posted above has the Boost Charge Voltage also at 14.2. Seems strange that it's not even in the "acceptable range" for Battle Born.

I'm curious what others with non Battle Born batteries are doing. Is using the Smart Lithium Battery Preset something commonly done?
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    edited February 2023
    Hi,  

You may have seen this at the bottom of the link, but here are the settings for Lion batteries starting on page 4 for the solar controller.  Their settings are somewhat different.  Battery and Solar Resources (vanillacommunity.com).  Not sure this is helpful other than more info to get confused about (speaking for myself   :o)
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Helpful link @Yoshi_TAB. I hadn't thought to look in the resources. I don't yet have a BMV Battery Monitor so setting the absorption voltage lower may not have the same advantage for me.

edit to add that it's odd that Battle Born's acceptable absorption range of
    14.4 to 14.6 volts is far below the 13.9V that you're using for your Lion Safari UT batteries.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    DaveCDaveC Member Posts: 81
    edited February 2023
    Just got my 2023 400 with 1 lithium battery.  The Victron Controller was set to the "Gel Victron deep charge 2", shown above.  I have compared these settings to the Victron Lithium (LiFePO4) and Battleborn settings mentioned above by Maxcamp8.  The Gel Deep Discharge was how it came from the dealer. It is pretty close to Battleborn.  Are the BattleBorn settings specific to the battery in my 400?  Which one should I use?

2017 T@B 320 Outback 2023 400 BD (IdahoTabato) pushing a 2023 Volvo XC90