Options

New Outback in One Week

jehdfdjehdfd Member Posts: 27
Hi all,

I'm driving all the way from Colorado to Minnesota to pick up my new Outback. Any advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait to get it!!
Aurora, Colorado - 2016 T@b Outback - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Comments

• Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    Congratulations. 
    We got ours in April and love it. The extra ground clearances is great. The front platform and battery box is great. Towing is great. But for us the best part is taking a shower after a hard day on the trail. 
    I didnt trust the weight of the spare tire on the roof rack, so moved the tire to inside the trailer and use the rack for lighter but bigger stuff like chairs.

• Options
    jehdfdjehdfd Member Posts: 27
    Do you happen to know if the cover fits over that rack? I'd like to cover it for storage but I'm not sure if that cover fits. Thanks!
    Aurora, Colorado - 2016 T@b Outback - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    sabel said:
    I didnt trust the weight of the spare tire on the roof rack, so moved the tire to inside the trailer and use the rack for lighter but bigger stuff like chairs.

Where did you put it?

Welcome, @jehdfd!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    We have the cover too. Would recommend it.
    Fits OK over the rack, a bit better without the spare tire on the rack. Only problem is rain water ponds above the rack. I'll probably remove the basket part of the rack for winter storage. I made a tire mount and shelf that goes under the passager side back bench. Still enough room under the seat to store small table and bed slats.