Tab 320 bathroom convector

Hi,

While topping of the glycol in our 2021 320, I was looking at the Alde convector located in the compartment behind the toilet panel.  I've observed no venting from that area to let the heat out.  I knew the convector was there, but during  cold weather camping, noticed the bathroom  colder than the main cabin.  I know the bathroom door top is open, but the air is not mixing that well up high even though hot air rises.

Has anyone opened up slots somewhere or come up with a way to get that air out?  I realize that area needs to stay dry too.  Doesn't the 400 model has some sort of "vent or plastic duct"..I'm not sure about that.

Was it put more to keep the lines in that area warm vs. cabin heating?  Just curious?

thank you
2021 TAB 320 BD
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Southern Maryland

Comments

• Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 507

Was it put more to keep the lines in that area warm vs. cabin heating?  Just curious?

I believe so, in my 2015 I had the pump freeze up once in sub 0F temps. The convector is small and at the end of the loop so it won't contribute much to heating the bathroom.

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    The Washroom convector behind to toilet is to keep the water lines and holding tank in the toilet cassette from freezing or getting too cold.  It is not intended to heat the washroom area.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.