Alde 3020 hose cracks from pump to boiler. Part # and source?

I have a 3020 Alde in a 2021 320S Boondock.  Has anyone else noticed cracking in the rubber hose that goes from the pump to the boiler?  Is this a known problem?

It's a hose with two 90 deg elbows.  Last fall I noticed cracking and a very small amount of crusty looking stuff on the elbow that goes into the boiler.  I cleaned it off, took a few pics, and winterized the trailer.  Today I was testing the system prior to an upcoming trip and noticed once again, some crusty looking stuff at that elbow.  I think failure is imminent.  I need to change fluid this spring anyway, so I am trying to locate the part number of that hose and a source so I can replace it when I do the fluid change.  There are some numbers on the hose but I can't make them all out.

The first pic shows the hose and the second one shows the small cracks.  This is after I cleaned off the crusty stuff.  It's the hose with the clamp, not the one with the brass compression fitting.

2021 320S BD
2006 F-150
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,689
    Suggest you contact nüCamp or Alde.  However, since you are in North Idaho . . . the Spokane Airstream Service Department has been reported to be knowledgeable and helpful with Alde parts/issues.

The specific hose you are referencing appears to be part of the Circulation Pump Assembly and not a typical sold separately item.  Which is why a conversation with Alde or a service department would be helpful.

Alde has two styles of circulation pumps - -  this link shows one style, I do not know if the is the actual one used in our TaB installations.

For reference:
    https://www.alde.us/our-products/circulation-pump-1/?from-filters=heating-systems,assembly-parts-rubber,spare-parts,alde-compact-3010
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  53   Nights:  334  Towing Miles 42,600+
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,357
    edited February 2023
    @WayneW, the hose is part of the Circulation Pump assembly.  Was the substance actually "crusty," and is there actually a visible "crack" in the rubber tube?

You probably should contact the manufacturer directly (Truma - - https://www.alde.us/about-alde/contact-us/ ) and send them a photo of the part to see if you can order it from them, or one of their dealers (possibly under warranty?)  You should also contact nuCamp if your trailer is still under warranty.  [You might be able to read the number on the hose if you wipe off the entire hose with a wet cloth, which may also remove most of the grayish-white film.)

Your photos caused me to take a look at photographs of that hose on my 2019 320 S (which I purchased in December 2018).  The first and second photos were taken in April 2019 and show little or no grayish-white film (for lack of a better description) present, but it is definitely not black like similar nearby hoses.  Note also, in the second photo, that the hose above (connected to the brass automatic air bleed valve) appears to also exhibit the grayish-white color.

The third photo was taken in April 2021 and does show much more of the grayish-white film having developed over two years.  I do not know what caused that, but I have not had any issues or leaks with that hose (or anywhere else along my Alde system, for that matter.)  All my other hoses along the route of the Alde system are pristine black in color.  I do not have a more current photo available to share (my trailer is in storage), but I believe the hose in question still looks like that depicted in the third photo.  I seem to recall wiping it off at some point, but the "film" (if that is what it is) did not come off completely.  However, based on your photo, it appears that it can, at least partially, be wiped off.

I will be interested to hear if anyone on the forum has any idea as to what causes the grayish-white film to appear. 

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 204
    Thanks, @MuttonChops and @Bayliss for your thoughts. Yes, there are many very small cracks showing up in the elbow right where it connects to the pipe going into the boiler. If you zoom in on my second pic you can see them. If you zoom in on @Bayliss first pic the rubber looks solid. I’m not worried about the grayish film on the hose. I figured that was some kind of oxidation that wasn’t comprising the hose. It’s the tiny cracks that worry me. That and the small amount of dried coolant I’m wiping off that is weeping through the hose. 

I have contacted Truma and they got back to me quickly. Hopefully that will lead to a resolution. I really don’t want to buy a whole new circulating pump for a $10 hose (which will probably cost $40!). 

I bought the trailer from someone who used it 3 times, so even though it’s fairly new I’m not sure about the warranty because I’m not the original owner. My limited experience with the local NuCamp service dept was miserable and I’d rather not even try them. I may try the Spokane Airstream dealer, depending on how it works with Truma. 
    2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho