Options

Upgrade cooktop from gas to induction

I'm just curious if anyone has upgraded their two burner gas cooktop to induction. Now that I have 7500 kWh of lithium storage, I'm considering relegating the propane tank to heating/hot water (and mostly just backup to the electric systems) and replacing my cooktop with a dual burner induction top. Seems easy enough and I just need to add a 20 amp breaker for it in the panel and run the electrical. I generally prefer cooking outside most of the time so switching the inside to induction seems like the next step. I'm sure the TAB 400 Boondock option in the near future with the 6 Battleborn batteries upgrade will likely have induction cooktop and convection/microwave/toaster oven/air fryer all in one unit. I find filling lithium batteries far easier than filling propane but not sure if anyone else has the same experience. 

Trailer - 2018 Tab 400 with Solar
TV - 2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with bed rack/truck tent
Adds - Jackit bike rack with tongue rectangular tool box

Comments

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    In my Dutchmen Clamshell. I did remove the stove, and replaced the countertop. I went with a portable induction burner, that I only brought on trips where I would use it.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I have the same idea, after I get the lithium battery upgrade installed.  We have a portable single burner Induction cooker, we place on top the gas stove glass cover and plug it in the galley AC outlet, or use it out doors on a table next to the outside outlet.  This works very well, and the gas cooker is still available when needed.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 181
    Following. We can probably count on one hand the number of times we've used the indoor gas stove. But we also have a 3-way fridge (handy when boondocking running on propane). We almost always cook outside. We've gone the gamut on cooking - everything from a cheap 2 burner camp stove to a small portable pellet grill and many things in between. Until recently we've done the majority of our camping at state and COE parks unless we're at a rally. We upgraded to a 100ah lithium battery and added a solar controller in the front tub. We bring two 120w portable solar panels and a small solar battery. Since we normally have shore power we've settled on using a DUXTOP 1 burner induction cooktop (great temp range - can sear a steak perfect at high temps in a cast iron frypan or go very very low for delicate sauces in a pot) and the smallest 700w microwave we could find (convenience is good thing a lot of times). We did get an inexpensive set of nested non stick cookware with removable handle and bring a 10 in cast iron frypan. I can run them off my solar battery if we don't have shore power but usually I use a low profile 2 burner Coleman Peak camp stove with a 5lb propane tank when we're in that situation. 
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods