Options

Replacing the Filter Material on a Cool Cat

Well, today while I'm doing T@B chores this weekend, decided to clean the CoolCat filter.

Unfortunately, when I pulled it and started vacuuming it, it started disintegrating.

Has anyone replaced the filter material? I'm pretty sure I can find some at a home improvement place.

See the beading on the plastic piece. That was some type of adhesive used to attach the filter material. What do you supposed it is?

Or should I punt and just order another one from Pleasant Valley?

Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
Harvest, AL

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Punt for a call to Pleasant Valley. It's damaged enough, Carol, that you'll have too many gaps and won't be able to prevent the dust from entering the Cool Cat. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I'm actually trying something first. I found a product at home depot with filter material with a plastic web backing, cut to fit. I cut it to fit and put it in. I had Googled Cool Cat filter, and it was $45!!!! What I found was less than $10 and I can get 3 filters out of it.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I'm actually trying something first. I found a product at home depot with filter material with a plastic web backing, cut to fit. I cut it to fit and put it in. I had Googled Cool Cat filter, and it was $45!!!! What I found was less than $10 and I can get 3 filters out of it.
    Great! I'll need to find that because I already broke my filter removing it for the first time. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Sandra, it was actually the water that did it in. I noticed some issues with the vacuum, so stopped that, and started running it under the sink, and it just fell apart.

Eight years old, things disintegrate.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL