Options

Hello from newcomer and Dutchman rubber flap trim question

scrptdrscrptdr Member Posts: 1
Hi, I am new to forum and to Tab ownership...  I just picked up a 2007 Tab.   In my once over I noticed that a lot of the rubber flap trim that is between the red plastic trim and the roof is missing.  I did a little research and found this pricy stuff: 

Roll over image to zoom in

Trim-Lok DDA1501-25 EPDM Dual Durometer Rubber/Metal Carrier Flap Seal, Fits Edge 0.040" - 0.100", 0.523" Flap Length

$93.46

Is this a good replacement or does anyone else have a suggestion of what they used?  I need a lot of it, 25 feet may be enough but I may be a bit short, haven't measured yet.

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,591
    Welcome to the forum and TaB Family.  Great trailers.

A yr-2007 is most likely a Dutchman build from before nüCamp took over the manufacturing.
    On the nüCamp models the Black Rubber Trim between the colored plastic trim and roof surface is mainly cosmetic.  The roof and side wall joint is well sealed back under the colored plastic.

Black Rubber Trim gaps, peeling, and total loss are frequently reported by owners.  My own rig has a 10-foot section that I pulled off before the highway wind stole it.

You can use the Search Feature (look under your login name, upper right of screen) to locate several threads on repairing/replacing the rubber . . . I'm not aware of anyone finding a 100% retail match to the factory material.

A nüCamp dealer or the factory support team might be able to provide some suggestions as well.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @scrptdr - here is a link to the Dutchman TaB category that you may find useful in the future.  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio