Options

2013 T@B 320 Clearcoat Delamination

Sorry not rotated. Looking for DIY fixes for this, I have no idea how this started- no giant bird pooping on it, no solvent splatter, nothing. Started a couple years ago, was out in the weather but now we keep it under a cover. Anyone else experience this? I'm hoping a reasonable prep and rattle can coat of clearcoat will slow it down and avoid a paint shop or ??. Thanks everyone for you help. This is the front, the rest looks fine. Moderator please move this if there's a better category. 

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    edited April 2023
    @Sea2Summit, my T@B has a similar issue (although it was my own fault for getting a little to aggressive with the pressure washer during seasonal clean-up). I did exactly what you suggested: I cleaned up any loose/peeling edges, and hit the whole area with a couple coats of rattle can clear coat followed by a coat of wax. It still shows--especially in the right light--but I can live with it if it doesn't continue spreading. With the roof being aluminum I suspect this is more of a cosmetic issue and I'm not too worried about any real damage.
    Granted, this happened last fall just before covering up for the winter, so the coming season will be the real test. I'll update when/if there is something more to report. Please keep us posted on whatever solution you pursue.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sea2SummitSea2Summit Member Posts: 4
    Thanks ScottG. We're due for a warm up in about a week, so I will get on it within a month, and yes I'll give before and after pics.