Options

Towing hitch for an f 150 and t@b

I could not find this discussion on the forum so I’m reaching out to those who are 320 T@b owners who haul with an F 150. I sold my tacoma and the t@b tongue appears to sit high on my present hitch with no load in the truck bed of the F 150. I expect I need a drop hitch, so could members who use an F150 recommend how much of a drop. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,291
    edited April 2023
    There are too many variables with all the different options available on the truck. For our 2020 T@B 320S the top of the ball should be at 16" from the ground. Boondock editions are higher (18"?).

Measure where the top of the ball would be when your trailer is level and unhitched. Measure where the top of your ball is with your current ball mount in the new vehicle. The difference will tell you what drop you'll need. Don't forget to factor in the amount of squat you get due to tongue weight.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    PmullallyPmullally Member Posts: 8
    AnOldUR said:
    There are too many variables with all the different options available on the truck. For our 2020 T@B 320S the top of the ball should be at 16" from the ground. Boondock editions are higher (18"?).

Measure where the top of the ball would be when your trailer is level and unhitched. Measure where the top of your ball is with your current ball mount in the new vehicle. The difference will tell you what drop you'll need. Don't forget to factor in the amount of squat you get due to tongue weight.
    Thank you AnOldUR. Great tips.
    P