Options

Any advice on winterization/de-winterization without running water ?

I want to perform my own winterization and de-winterization but our house plumbing is on lake water, so no drinkable water and absolutely not safe for Alde.  I am still a newbie and have to follow the step-by-step the documents available. I de-winterized last year using a neighbour water connection but can not depend on them every year.  Could I just use the fresh water tank instead, even if I had to refill it a couple of time with distilled water and follow the winterization and de-winterization document as is?
Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
"The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,523
    You can use regular, fresh water - no reason to use distilled water.
    Yes, you can dewinterize via the fresh tank, however, it is much more practical to go to a campground with full hook ups. 
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Dame_plumeDame_plume Member Posts: 75
    Thank you very much @Sharon_is_SAM!  I know it might be a little more impractical, but if I can do it that way, it is still the best way for our location and timing.  I also have a mini sump pump to go in the 5 gal. water, so filling the fresh water tank is no problem.
    Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
    "The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,523
    After you sanitize, just empty the tank via the fresh water drain.  If you try to empty the full tank using your pump, it may over heat.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio