Options

AIR8 not cooling adequately

Owner of a 2021 TAB320S here. My air conditioner is not cooling as what is expected from my unit. I’ve cleaned the filters on the Air8 unit located under the passenger side seating. I’ve got the setting to full cooling mode. It’s actually hotter inside the trailer than outside (90 inside and around 80 outside) We’re mostly full time and haven’t experienced this issue in the past. My dealership I purchased from is lackluster and usually has a waiting list that can be months out. I’m in Florida in summertime so I’m not expecting an icebox, but I know the unit can do more to keep cool. I’m not sure what my next steps are so I’m here looking for suggestions, thank you in advance

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    From the Installation Manual                             { i have no direct Air8 experience }

Are you getting any Error Codes on the Display Panel ?

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    EthanEthan Member Posts: 2
    Negative. No error codes present on display.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Elwell claims to have a Service Center in Vancouver, WA.

You might attempt to contact/locate them and see if they can provide basic troubleshooting guidance.

May require some effort - - - limited web-information seems only focused to selling stuff to manufacturers - - -

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2023
    I got an immediate response from an inquiry to that email.  I think it is a well run company from my experience.
    I don't have the experience of hot humid conditions with my AIR8 but past experience with a CoolCat has shown dramatic results from a simple partition to assure the hot exhaust air is not mixing with the inlet air on the outside vents.  On my AIR8 it looks like a flat panel extending down from the frame would help separate those areas.  Maybe held in place with magnets when parked...  You've got me brainstorming because I had to do something similar for my CoolCat.  There are other similar posts for other installations used in T@Bs.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    It seems like there was an issue with a Thermostat sensor:  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/13995/air-8-thermostat

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    techietabtechietab Member Posts: 159
    I've also noticed lackluster performance from my Air8 this season. Haven't had a chance to troubleshoot yet, but it's definitely having a harder time cooling than it did last summer.
    I do need to look into a baffle for the air outlet. Will probably try to 3d print one.
    Northern VA
    2022 T@b 320 S / 2021 Subaru Outback