Options

Best LP and storage box options for a T@B 400?

Hi there.  New TAB 400 owner here.  Bought the base model with the plastic LP tank storage unit.  Want to upgrade it to include storage boxes to either side of the LP storage.  What's the best option?  Just purchase two storage boxes and install to either side of the LP storage box or remove the stock LP storage box and purchase a whole new system that includes LP storage and two other storage boxes too?  Should I also move the spare tire while I am at it?  I have no plans of adding a bike rack on the tongue so that is not a factor in terms of available space.

Comments

• Options
    ViajeroViajero Member Posts: 123
    Oh wow. I just made a post on this. Here’s ours. We just finished adding the tote tank holder. 

• Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 278
    Install storage containers on both sides of your propane tub. I used stackable 6-gal milk crates.

I would leave your spare tire alone. It is set up so you can raise and lower it with the stabilizer cranking tool supplied with the trailer. You don’t want to give up that convenience.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    @BobJohnston, what year is your TaB400, if a 2019 or earlier, you can install the new aluminum min propane/storage locker, available from nüCamp through a dealer (we did this), but the Boondock style rack that holds the side lockers/rack, will not work on the early TaB400’s that came with the ABS gas locker, per nüCamp via our local dealer.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.