Options

Streaming iPad to Jensen faceplate via hdmi

AceAce Member Posts: 23
I am going to buy a hdmi splitter with hdcp 2.2. Is the Apple lightening to hdmi cable compatable to the splitter? What about the hdmi cable from the splitter to Jensen faceplate in the 2021 tab 400, does it need to be a certain type?

Comments

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,303
    This is in a 320, but we're using the HDMI splitter linked to below. Most of the time we switch between a Fire Stick and the HDMI cable that's routed to the Jensen location. We sometimes use an Apple Lightning to HDMI adapter plugged into one of the ports for movies downloaded onto a iPhone. It works very well in all cases.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DNB98HH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,218
    One thing to consider is hooking the HDMI splitter to the TV instead of the radio. We have an Amazon Fire stick and used to plug it into the faceplate but hated how it just hung there and got in the way of the wardrobe closet door.

I posted about this mod somewhere in this forum but what I did was hook the HDMI splitter to the back of the TV. The TV sends audio to the Jensen. So you could plug the iPad into the splitter (I taped ours to the back of the TV) and have the iPad sit on the extended kitchen counter section under the tv and plug it into the HDMI going to the TV. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    AceAce Member Posts: 23
    Is there a port in the back of the Jensen tv? (My tab is down the road in storage) thx
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,031
    Yep there is an HDMI port on the tv.  We have a 2021 400.  Here is a couple of pics of the back of our 12v tv.  We've been simply running an HDMI cable from the Jensen to our blue ray player but I think I will just get a splitter and plug it into the back of the tv. One less cord running across the room. 

2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado