Scissor Jack That's Low and High Enough for Tire Change on 400 Boondock
manyman297
Member Posts: 1,436
So I've been able to a 3-ton floor jack to do basic maintenance on the T@B. I've been fortunate enough not to have to deal with a flat tire on the road but I got to thinking about the height under the trailer when the tires are flat. That puts the jack point pretty low to the ground to where my bottle jack that I have in my Tacoma wouldn't fit. A scissor jack is low-profile enough but I'm unsure on how high it needs to travel to get the tire off the ground.
For those that have thought this through, how much total travel length does a scissor jack need to work on the 400?
For those that have thought this through, how much total travel length does a scissor jack need to work on the 400?
2021 400 BD
2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
0
Comments
-
You can always pull your trailer forward a foot or so to get the flat tire up on leveling pads. This should raise the jack point enough to get your jack under.
Stockton, New Jersey
2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler
60,865 camping miles through the end of 20250 -
@AnOldUR You’re a genius! Didn’t even think of that. Problem solved.2021 400 BD
2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road1 -
I carry this setup with my non boondock 400. Carry the jackstands in a zipper tool bag stowed with the jack. I use one of my leveling pads under the jack if I need to on soft ground.


2020 T@B 400 Solo (Roamy)/ 2008 Tundra Limited / Nashport, Ohio2
Categories
- All Categories
- 11 Cirrus Truck Campers
- 127 Dutchman and Vintage TaB Archives
- 3 Forum Rules
- 3 nüCamp & Forum Contacts
- 967 Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- 2.7K Battery/Electrical & Solar
- 1.2K Camping & Travel
- 145 Events & News
- 220 Factory Comments
- 23 "FOR SALE" - New/Used Trailers
- 12 “FOR SALE" - Camping & Trailer Gear
- 2.4K Heating/Plumbing & Winterizing
- 142 Help - Computer & System
- 924 Introductions
- 408 Looking to purchase a trailer?
- 2.1K Modifications & Upgrades
- 1.4K Products and Accessories
- 419 Service/Maintenance & Recall Notices
- 37 Solo Travelers Hints & Tips
- 1 T@G Forum
- 77 Teardrop Groups & Links
- 78 Testimonials
- 922 Tips & Tricks
- 1.5K Trailer & Towing
- 27 Owners Manuals/PDF Files/Videos & Resources
- 56 üCamp Rally - News & Information
