Options

Orange Streak from 2022 400 Boondock Handle

aphillipsaphillips Member Posts: 27
edited June 2023 in Tips & Tricks
We moved our 2022 400 BD from winter covered storage to outdoor uncovered storage about a month ago. When I checked on it today, it had a long orange streak running down the side under the Boondock entry handle. I am guessing it is from the material that is behind the cut out letters. Does anyone have suggestions for removing it? I tried the Sprayway Glass Cleaner that works great on the black streaks, but it is not working on this streak. I didn't see any other posts about this in the forum, but would appreciate some advice or a link to where it has been discussed. Thanks! 
2022 Tab 400 Boondock

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,184
    It could be runoff from the butyl tape used to waterproof the screw penetrations holding the handle on. Try rubbing alcohol. It won’t harm the exterior of the camper.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @aphillips, you can also try some good car wax, like "Meguiars Cleaner Wax."  I use it on my T@B and other vehicles and it does a really nice job and creates a nice shine, but I have also used it to remove stains and minor scratches/scuff marks.  Meguiars makes different waxes for specific applications (e.g., fiberglass restoration and oxidation remover.)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)