Options

Pay the ferryman

CapthavocCapthavoc Member Posts: 14
Hi!  Has anyone taken the ferry from Cape Breton to Newfoundland?  Looks like almost $800 round trip.  Please tell me I’m wrong.

Comments

• Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 378
    Hi, 

We are doing a fall trip up there and that is about right, depending on exactly your departure and destination.  Also the cost adders are for a berth (one way can be long) and if you have a pet.  The website is very helpful or if you call.  
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @Capthavoc, my wife and I took the ferry from North Sydney (Cape Breton) to Port-aux-Basques (Newfoundland) in September 2022.  The trip was about 7 hours or so and cost $640 round trip with our truck and T@B.  We drove all the way to St. John's and could have returned on the ferry from there, but that is a much longer and more expensive ferry ride.  Regardless, the money was well spent and we enjoyed our time on Newfoundland and covered a lot of territory.  We made it off the island just ahead of Hurricane Fiona.  Good thing.  Many of the houses not far from the harbor in Port-aux-Basques were destroyed by Fiona, which we rode out in Halifax, Nova Scotia (quite the night!)

If you go to Port-aux-Basques and need a campground for your first night there, I recommend the "Grand Codroy RV-Tent Camping Park" in nearby Doyles, Newfoundland.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    CapthavocCapthavoc Member Posts: 14