Options

Moths and Flies

SydSyd Member Posts: 47
Not sure where to put this, but here goes...

Our first trip of the year was to one of our favourite lakes, just ended yesterday. Normally, you get some bugs that get in because the screen door opens and closes. No big deal - this is what fly swatters are for. This trip however became the Amityville Trailer!!!

Every evening we (ok...me) would do the bug hunt. We are not worried about those tiny noseeum types because there is not much to do about them, and they are not multitudes. On a typical trip, we might have to swat 2 or 3 flies, maybe chase out a moth. This time at night it was 5+ flies and one night 10+ moths. We had camped last fall at a place where I joked about the amount of flies being horror film quantities. But we only had to get rid of 4 or 5 a night and that was that.

This trip, in the mornings, there were suddenly 10+ flies inside that wanted out as the sun came up. Where did they come from? I have no idea. Our last morning there were at least 10 flies behind the blackout screen in the door window, a screen that was never down (I heard the flies and when I pulled the screen down they startled me). And every morning we would have a handful of moths too. Now I know moths can hide in small places, but flies?

Then last night, after we got home and I went out to close the trailer for the night, there had to be at least 20 to 30 moths all trying to get out. That is a bit extreme.

Has anyone else had this happen?

When we got the trailer, the fire extinguisher was not on the door. There are holes where it was originally located and where someone tried to relocate it in the same place on the door. I should fill those holes, but have yet to do that. This week! Do you guys think that maybe flies might have gotten into those holes? Could explain the flies in the door window?
Hopper - 2019 T@B 400
Donald S. Cherry - 2016 Kia Sorento V6 (3.3L)
Where we call home - Our House, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, Universe
GO FLAMES GO!

Comments