Options

Boondock Lite

Hi. I am looking at buying a used Boondock. My question is what is the difference between the Boondock and a Boondock Lite?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    edited June 2023
    I saw form another post you’re looking at a 320. The 320 BD Lite was only available for a short time, one or two years. The flooring is same fake brown wood grain vinyl as a standard model, while the Boondock had Marmoleum (dark grey, and higher quality). The Lite usually doesn’t have a rear Yakima rack, or a rooftop light at the front, though these may have been retrofitted later.

The raised axel, front aluminum tub & platform, larger wheels/tires, and custom Boondock grab bar by the door are all included on the Lite. A full size matching spare was optional on the Lite, included (I think) on the Boondock. The standard spare tire on a Lite is smaller and located under the tail of the trailer.

Solar at that time was an option, not always included (at least in 2019 when I bought mine, can’t remember if they had a Lite in 2020). 

Also of note, the 320 in those years has a traditional black tank. Beginning in 2021, nuCamp switched to a cassette toilet in all 320 models.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    2019 320 Boondock models
    LITE:
    Solid color cushions
    15” Matte black sport rim and off-road tires, but standard spare Large ABS fenders
    Pitched axle
    Aluminum platform with attached low, front tire cage
    Diamond plated tub
    Boondock entry handle/graphics
    Decal
    EDGE: (Additions to Lite package)
    Roof rack
    5 piece exterior accent package
    Marmoleum flooring
    Door and window valance cargo pouches
    Light bar on top and spotlights off rear
    Aluminum platform with attached full, front tire cage
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    @Sharon_is_SAM I forgot about the tire cage! 

@Rubine1 The tire cage was not included with the standard size spare on the Lite, only with the full Boondock spare. (And may not come with a used model, since those were fragile and broke so easily that many owners had to replace them.) The platform is the same for both models, with a low railed platform in front of the tub, it’s only the bolt on cage that is missing from the Lite.

The black mesh interior cargo pouches were available as an orderable option for the Lite & standard for the Boondock, so they may or may not be included.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Rubine1Rubine1 Member Posts: 17
  • Options
    Rubine1Rubine1 Member Posts: 17
    Thank you all for your comments. Very helpful!!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    edited June 2023
    @Rubine1 go to page 2 March 2021 for the full list of model features through the 2021 model year.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/4983/tab-model-year-features-updated-list-3-2021/p2

@VictoriaP - Well, without the feature list, I am lost!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio