Options

No hot water

T@b 320 2022.  On city water.  Not on bypass at nautilus.  Don't understand what is what, near the alder.  Cannot identify a mixing valve or what might adjust the water temp.  I thought it was hot on demand.  I just get seconds of hot, then warm.

Comments

• Options
    krsmeskrsmes Member Posts: 83
    Is the water pressure normal?
  • Options
    BrachaBracha Member Posts: 33
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,680
    Have you had hot water before?  Are you trying to run on propane or electric?  If you are on "shore power", what are you plugged into?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 272
    Open the yellow Alde pressure relief valve or valves for 15-30 secs to re-establish an air cushion. That might work.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Tithe Alde is not a hot water on demand system.  It is a boiler with an aux hot water tank also heated by the boiler using glycol circulating through tubes in the Flo and the hot water jacket is around the glycol tank, which is heated by a propane burner or electric coils in the tank.  It takes a while for the Alde too,heat up to get hot water, nothing quick or instant about it.  But once hot, you can get enough hot water for a nice long shower that will fill your gray tank in short order.  Don’t ask me how I know this!   B)
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    krsmeskrsmes Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2023
    Our routine for the shower is to set the ALDE to propane (even if we have electric) and set the mode to prioritize hot water about 5-10 minutes before showing. Then get the shower ready and take a shower. This way, on propane, we usually have “unlimited” hot water (great for when you have water and sewer hookups). On electric, even 2kw, it can’t keep up. 

Also this https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/17396/very-low-hot-water-pressure-solved

The super hot showers are one of my favorite parts of the T@B — hope you get it resolved. 
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,202
    You can set the Alde to "boost" by tapping the plus sign on the shower icon twice so the bar is "full". This will up the amperage if using shore power AND, if your propane is on, use the propane in combination with electric to heat the water up quickly. In about 10 minutes or so you should hear a beep from the Alde panel letting you know the water has reached its set temp.

If you're only getting a little bit of hot water I'm wondering if you haven't let the water heat. When set on "normal" temp (not boost) it will take 15 minutes or so to reach temp.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road