Options

Do I have to de-winterize this summer

We moved into a house on a lake and are only going to go on two camping trips. We used to camp three weekends per month in the summer but seems like we wanted to be on the lake here this summer

So far I have not de- winterized and I’m wondering if I need to. We can easily dry camp for these two trips since we have a Q model with no bathroom

I am wondering what others think of this?

I know next year we will camp a lot more before and after swimming season and will de winterize

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @lino regardless of dewinterization, you will have to winterize this fall as the rv antifreeze loses its potency over time. I have read that the rv antifreeze can lose 50-80% or more of its effectiveness in just one season and to protect the trailer plumbing you will have to winterize with "fresh" antifreeze again this year. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    Thanks
    Probably just do a quick rinse and then add new antifreeze in the fall
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    @dragonsdofly - thanks for that info Denise.  First time I have seen that discussed.  Good to know.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Sharon_is_SAM just a note to clarify. I am speaking of rv antifreeze that is in the trailer or rv system. It is exposed to heat, cold, humidity and other atmospheric conditions which cause the antifreeze to degrade. I am not speaking of an unopened gallon that is properly stored away from heat, light etc. Even so, those extra gallons might remain functional from 2-5 years as they too degrade, but at a much slower pace.

Personally, we buy fresh every year for both the t@b and for our full time residence, a 2006 Keystone Laredo. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.