Options

2023 T@B 320 Boondock Elwell AC

This camper is new for us. Turned on the AC yesterday to make sure it was working properly. It does cool, but is very noisy. I looked underneath the camper to find an exhaust vent for the AC. There is (what appears to be) some sort of cardboard sheathing on the underside of the trailer, but no vent per se. I did feel some hot air exiting around the cardboard. Was the cardboard supposed to be removed before taking delivery? Our 400 Boondock had a metal cage underneath. Thanks for any help with this issue.

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,196
    That’s a corrugated plastic sheet called coroplast. It’s meant to protect the underside of the camper from road debris. Not sure about the venting on the Air8 but others have noted that it is a bit more noisy than the Cool Cat that’s in the 400.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    stp2136stp2136 Member Posts: 16
    The Air8 vents are just forward of the right rear stabilizer.
  • Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    edited July 2023
    Hi,  

There should be no cardboard blocking either the intake or exhaust vents.  There are metal screens over both. You should feel a good stream of air coming out of the exhaust vent and good air flow on the intake side.  You can take a paper towel and put it over the intake.  It should have very good suction.  The bigger one toward the outside is the intake and the smaller one towards the inside is the exhaust where the warmer air exits.  If you look up in the larger one you can see the fins of the condensor portion of the unit.
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    @Prunella - how about a photo of the Air8 vent and cardboard?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PrunellaPrunella Member Posts: 2
    I did find both vents. The service tech I spoke with at the dealership (Teton Adventures RV in Idaho Falls, ID, highly recommended) was going to check the noise when we take it in for the microwave to cabinet conversion. Thanks everyone for explaining this stuff to me!