Options

Fresh water

@Sam - I have a couple questions,  when I purchased the 2021tab 320 s beginning of July the fresh water was at 3/4 full indicated by the red lights on the panel. How long can the water sit in the tank before I need to empty and re-filled? Or is it ok to leave empty? Is there a special process if you don’t intend to use the tab for a while?

Carl / 2021 T@B 320 S BD / 2021 Ford Explorer XLT / Port St John, Florida
”V1 Rotate”

Comments

• Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 453
    You'll probably get different opinions as well but here's my personal take: I drain the tank for the winter and then disinfect the water system when the season starts. I fill the tank with clean drinking water and just add water between trips. 
  • Options
    Clipper_OneClipper_One Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2023
    @Grumpy_G
    Thank you the prompt response, I will definitely follow your personal take for starters to see how if it works for us. What type of chemical do you use to disinfect the system?  Is chlorine acceptable or is there a specific chemical? 
    ”V1 Rotate”
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,676
    There are plenty of threads on sanitizing the water systems in the trailers.  These days it seems people think the Loch Ness monster is growing in the fresh water tank.  If you are living in an area with a chlorinated municipal water system the water will be very safe, even after a while in the tank.  I use my trailer as an emergency "earthquake" kit.  I leave water in it, and I try to sanitize a couple of times a year.
    You can encounter "issues" when you escape your municipal water supply and find a water source that may not be to your "liking". I've found a couple of campgrounds on wells that just "felt" a bit off, and drained and sanitized as soon as I discovered this.
    In your Nautilus manual there is the basic discussion of how to "sanitize" your water system.  A very weak bleach solution is used by many owners.  "Weak" means about 1/4 cup for an entire 320 fresh water tank. Stronger solutions are not "better", it will just take you longer to eliminate the bleach smell.

This thread has a discussion of the procedure for sanitizing a 2021 320.  Note the directions here say 1/2 cup of bleach for a whole tank, since I believe the newer trailers have larger fresh water tanks.  And: there is a Nucamp video floating around the web that says use "1/2 cup per gallon of water", which is really wrong, and we have never gotten them to change it.  Just 1/2 cup for the whole tank!
    Dr. Ratkity, a full on PhD immunologist, had many good comments and posts about sanitizing and water supplies.  She has a couple of good comments in several threads that had clear ideas about what exactly are we trying to do when sanitizing.
    Just one of her comments here:
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    @MrT - you can leave the tank empty.  Even though we usually use chlorinated water, we dump the tank after each trip as we tow with it empty and we don’t want water sitting in the tank in case of contamination.  Here are instructions you will find helpful.  
    In the link below, go to:  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @pthomas745@sam. Thank you so much for the information, I wished I had all manuals, but after reading your above responses, I think is time to request an equipment list from NuCamp for the TAB 320 based on the Vin #. 
    This will help me stay informed and, not have to bug you all, I truly appreciate your comments and expert advise.
    ”V1 Rotate”
  • Options
    @MrT, we love being bugged.  There is a whole metric ton of information and ideas in this group. Don't hesitate to ask.  If you need manuals, we have them.  Nautilus, Alde.  Winterizing instructions.  Sanitizing instructions. Tons of stuff.
    Just ask!
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    @pthomas745. Thank you for the offer and allowing me to bug you.
    I would like to ask you for the manuals and instructions you described in your message, is there a cost?

”V1 Rotate”
  • Options
    The only "cost" is nothing.
    This is the Nautilus 2.5 Manual for your trailer.

This page has the Alde 3020 manual for the Alde in your trailer.

There is a whole section here about "Winterizing". There are many posts about "how to", with lots of discussion.
    "Winterizing 104" has the instructions for your 2021 with the Nautilus.  This will go along with the Nautilus manual linked above.

2017 Outback
  • Options
    @pthomas745. Very reasonable “Nothing”, I will review the manuals to educate myself on the components installed.
    Thank you 
    ”V1 Rotate”