Options

2018 T@B 320 clamshell bed mod??

Good morning all,
We just recently purchased our T@B 320
CS-S, we haven’t even camped in it yet and realize with two dogs two
Cpap users,  We really need to
do a Twin mod. I have found some great mods for twins, unless I have missed it- I haven’t seen ones that is the clamshell- my SILLY question is-are the seat dimensions the same? Height etc? Or does Nucamp offer “kits”
for twin mods. Thank you!!

Comments

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    The benches in the CS are much shorter than the benches in the inside galley T@Bs (58” vs 72”), so unless you’re shorter than 5’0 it’s pretty hard to make twin beds. A couple of people have made  a front to back bed by putting an ottoman in front of the door at night, but the side by the wetbath is never going to be longer than 58”.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    edited September 2023
    I built a simple bed extension. I'm 6.2 and we have a 2018 320-CS. We removed the large closet door and the top door to enable easier storage access. This was necessary as my bed extender prevented opening either without moving the extension. (Not sure why the picture rotated when inserted?) My wife bought some foam cushion at Joann and covered it to place on top of it. This is where our feet go. It's held together with wing nuts and we pull it towards the door at night thereby increasing the overall bed length. It took two years to figure this out but by removing the doors it has become my favorite solution so far.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    @JP2558 - when you take a photo with your phone, turn it sideways and then when you post it, the forum platform will auto size it and post it correctly.  Our Vanilla version does not like “portrait” photos.  I rotated your photo for you.

Sharon - Administrator
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    @Sharon_is_SAM Thank you.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.