Options

Plugging 2021 Tab 400 in Honda EU2000i

I'm a relative newbie w my bought used 2021 400, and I think I have weak 9V batteries.  I also have an older Honda EU2000i inverter generator.   Assume I can plug in my Tab to the Honda if needed for state campgrounds w/o power... but what should I know in terms of capabilities?  Risks?  I would like to just make coffee, run fridge & water pump, recharge battery, no A/C. 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    @Sonyguy - just so we are on the same page, all nuCamp products us 12 V batteries.  As far as a generator is concerned, typically campgrounds limit their use to certain hours.  What makes you think the batteries are weak?  Do you have the originals in place?  How are you measuring voltage?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SonyguySonyguy Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the reply.  Sorry... mistyped 9V instead of 12V.  I will be visiting a state forest campground - Andrus Lake - north of Paradise and sites have no electrical hook up, and generators can be used there.  The batteries are original, and when I used my inverter mode last month to make coffee I heard a beeping sound (very low warning alarm I suppose) and then the coffee maker quit.  I checked the battery indicator and it showed 1 light, and when I later checked my Victron app (Tab has solar) it showed voltage drop to 10.4.  For what it's worth, I did store my Tab indoor all winter with the battery switch off.  I could not access it to put it on a charger.  Not sure if that hurt or not...