Options

One side of Tab 320 lower than other side.

Just noticed that my Tab 320 didn't look level side-to-side as it sits in RV storage place.  Measurements show the right side is an inch lower than left.  Pretty sure this was not the case before my mobile RV repair guy re-packed the wheel bearings a few days ago.  But I don't see how anything he would have done in the process would have caused this.  While I haven't checked them with a gauge, both tires I think are pretty much equally inflated.  What could be causing this?
2018 T@B 320S

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Bent axle?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jalars8jalars8 Member Posts: 35
    Not sure it’s a bent axle but don’t think so - but it could be axle related.  Some additional information.  I have come to the realization that the Tab has been a bit lower on the right  longer than I thought and that I’ve towed it at least 1500 miles, maybe more in that condition without any indications of a problem in towing or otherwise.  Reason I now realize it was lower on the right at least 1500 miles ago is that I am remembering up in northern Wisconsin that I had a water leak in the plumbing/Alde compartment and the water flowed to the storage compartment right side.  Drove home from Wisconsin plus a trip in Colorado totaling 400 miles or more.  Could there be some other defect (besides a bent axle) in the torsion axle that causes the right side arm (my terminology - I’m not familiar with torsion axle terms) to angle up a bit more?
    2018 T@B 320S
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    I suppose one of the components (generally heavy rubber cords) inside the axle that provide the "torsion" could be damaged. This would result in a little less suspension resistance, and cause the affected wheel to settle in a little closer to the frame (therefore causing the trailer to sit lower on that side).

Trailer Axle Leaf Springs Or Torsion Axles  The Engineering

2015 T@B S

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    Is the tire wear any different on the lower side? 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    jalars8jalars8 Member Posts: 35
    Damage to the rubber cords seem like a possible explanation.  The diagram is great - really helps me understand how these things work.  I wonder how damage to the rubber cords could occur.  

Tire wear is not different.

thanks for comments and information.  
    2018 T@B 320S