Options

New ‘23 Tab 400 Excitment and Woes

New Tab 400 Excitement and woes.

Glad to have this new Tab 400. Quality throughout is excellent compared to everything else I saw. Really stoked to use it.

First issue discovered on take home day. The front and rear window gaskets got stuck to the windows and ripped - I assume from sitting in the sun a long time and never being opened. No big deal, called dealer they ordered them. Taking it in for them to be replaced tomorrow. Awesome. 

However we are now at several other issues. I tested the Alde heat and water - works great. However when I went to double check and test cold water today the bathroom sink has 0 cold water - nothing comes out at all not even air. Hot side works fine. Also of note, the water pump runs for a good 10-30 seconds after turning off the faucets. I do not see any leaking water. And finally, I have not filled any of the tanks past half. I moved the trailer twice (maybe 20 feet on my driveway to hookup the water) and water came sloshing out on the passenger side right  by the tire from under the black insulation piece . The dealer said the fresh  overflow is there which makes sense, however the tanks were NOT filled to the top and like I said I barely moved and the water came both times I moved the trailer on flat land 20 feet. Could it possibly be rainwater pooling right by the tire somehow?

Anyway, I’m going to tell the dealer all this tomorrow. My question is am I missing something obvious? This is my first travel trailer and I’d like to learn. Besides messing with all the features I haven’t done anything except fill the freshwater tank halfway, and try out the city water (with pressure regulator). All the external drains are closed. I peeked at the alde unit under the bed area and all looks well. Zero leaks that I can see. Is there a cold water valve somewhere that maybe they forgot to put on for the bathroom sink? Shower and kitchen work fine.  Just want to make sure I’m not being silly, as I feel like all 3 of these issues are somehow related. 

The dealer has been great and I’m going to ask all of this, but there’s nothing like the hive mind to help you learn. Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    edited October 2023
    Curious why the cold tap is dry.  I believe you can remove the sink skirting to look at the pipes.  ?Kinked?

Regarding the tank levels, the indicator lights are not very accurate and may change with the levelness of the trailer.  
    I would try to find the fresh tank overfill and make sure it is free from debris like mud daubers.  It may have been partially obstructed and suddenly released, hence the water on the belly pan.
    Lastly, make sure when you run the pump that you are disconnected from city water.  Not sure how the pump responds when a system is already pressurized.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    AliveAlive Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2023
    Thank you, I have not turned the pump on while in city water mode. I also just went and located the blue overfill drain and it appears clear and free of debris. However the water always drains on the right side (passenger side) by the tire, away from all these drains - and once again only when I moved it twice, very odd. I think I’ll go peek under the sink area, but like you said if it’s not just kinked I’m at a loss.

appreciate everyone, and I’ve been reading this forum for weeks trying to learn and prepare. 

Thanks again

edit- I’m sure most of this is just new user error. So please if I’m being dumb tell me :)
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,204
    The cold water issue is concerning. Definitely pop the shroud off the sink to see if it’s even hooked up. 

The water could be water in the underbelly liner but I’ve never had water there before. Maybe they washed it and got water under there?
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Maybe the cold water line under the bathroom sink disconnected and is leaking under the TaB?  
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,682
    I've borrowed this from one of the FB groups, and I was going to make a separate post about it.  But, this might be relevant.  It seems that water can drain "backwards" from the low point drains on the driver's side of the trailer, get trapped above the coroplast cover, and just sit there until the trailer moves.  This post was from August, another from last week showed the rails and screws holding the coroplast completely rusted and falling out.

"We have a 2022 TAB 400 BD. The last couple times out, sometime during draining the water tanks and flushing the black water tank, I had water dripping from the frame at the low point by the wheels on both sides of the trailer.
    To troubleshoot, I dropped down the plastic belly pan so I could see where it was leaking from. I filled the tanks, ran water through the system and then drained everything one step at a time to look for leaks.
    What I found is that when the water tanks are drained with the 3 drain valves, and the water starts to dribble out, water can run along the bottom of the drain fitting and back inside through the hole in the frame. It’s enough water to drip out both sides of the camper, rust the self tapping belly pan screws and collect in the low spot of the belly pan. The fresh water tank drain is the worst one because it is turned up a little instead of being straight out the side.
    I should have tried to turn the fitting down a little while the belly cover was down but it’s hard to get at. Thinking about silicone sealant around the frame holes or just putting a short piece of tubing on the drains just while draining."

This photo is the same issue from last week from a different owner, showing the coroplast support damage.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,204
    I wonder why they chose to move the drains from a vertical orientation to this horizontal orientation? It seems like the vertical orientation eliminates these issues. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    @pthomas745 Has nuCamp been notified?
  • Options
    AndreOAndreO Member Posts: 69
    @Pthomas745 I don't have the same setup on my 2018. It looks like it's minor design or install problem. It's hard to tell from the picture however you could try to add a 90 degree elbow pointing down to the outside Coloplast pipe.
    AndreO
    Ontario, Canada
    2018 Tab 400
    Ford F150 2.7 Lariat
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,682
    @Sharon_is_SAM I'll check again this morning, I know the owner in the second photo is working on warranty work.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    AliveAlive Member Posts: 5
    Had some life issues come up, but I finally got it to the dealer and they’ll be checking into everything. It had to go there anyway for the window seals so may as well let them investigate. I’ll update on what was wrong with the sink (as well as if they discover why water came from the belly pan). Sounds like it could possibly be the issue @pthomas745 posted about. 

Thanks for the replies.