Options

How to drain some of the Alde Fluid.

Hi folks. Is there an easy way (low point) to drain a litre or two of ALDE fluid?  

Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,204
    There’s a low point drain under the trailer. On the 400 it’s basically right below where the Alde is. You simply remove the plug and it will drain. Be aware that getting the plug back into the tube could be tough once the glycol is flowing.

An alternative would be to remove it from the reservoir but then you’d introduce air into the lines which takes some effort to remove depending on your year/model.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    ViajeroViajero Member Posts: 123
    edited October 2023
    Thanks manyman297. I’ll check it out. 
  • Options
    @Viajero Actually scratch the reservoir idea. I forgot you wanted to take out a couple of liters. The low-point drain would probably be your best option. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,450
    edited October 2023
    This begs the question of why you want to remove just a liter or two of glycol. (Not that it's any of my business--just curious.)
    If you do go with the low point grain, I suggest clamping the drain hose before removing the plug. This could prevent the mess manyman297 alluded to.
    Note that you will likely introduce air into the system in doing this, so you may need to follow standard bleeding procedures once you replace the fluid.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG You’re totally right (and I was clearly tired when I replied last night) in that this will introduce air to the system just like draining the reservoir.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road