Options

2024 audio

let's be honest, the strange component system t@b has gone with vs the circular, larger woofer (that has many options) sucks. it appears to be a 4x6 opening now? i will have to take out the speaker the be sure, but has anyone fitted a 2-way coaxial 4x6 or a nice component like polk or infinity kappa speaker into these new openings? i would have rather had the round speaker & used a nice component system, but stock. . . they sound like a dollar tree bluetooth speaker.

i know i could mount a soundbar or i have a klipsch 2:1 but that sub eats up space & i would rather not mount speakers to the cabinetry. just curious how folks mod their t@b audio. 
2024 t@b 320, subaru outback 2017 limited, full-time photographer

Comments

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    edited October 2023
    I plan on installing a compact subwoofer in the rear bench near the Air8 unit.  I'm hoping I'll hate those installed speakers less if they don't have to try to produce bass.
    The 6" rounds in my 2009 were far superior.

• Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    Those 6in rounds sounded much better in my 320 after they said Pioneer on the outside. A little fiberfill in the space behind the speaker helps make the bass more clear. A pair of 

Kenwood KFC-415C

s may work newer trailers with the skinny speakers. I don't think they make a component pair at 4in. 6.5in is the smallest I've seen.

I just did a quick search at Crutchfield to find the Kenwood speakers. NewEgg is a good place to search also, but Crutchfield has more product specs.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    Your 2024 is brand new, and some pictures of what you are talking of would be very welcome.  About every single bit of your trailer: the inside, the drains, the Alde area...all of it.
    If I was ever wanting to do decent audio to the trailer, I'd take it to a local car stereo shop and have them take every Jensen part out. 

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    There is something to be said for that.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    jgrizjgriz Member Posts: 10
    Rather than replacing the speakers, I just shove an Ultimate Ears Hyperboom bluetooth speaker in the top shelf above the passenger-side window. It sticks out a bit but you can squeeze it against the ceiling and so far hasn't fallen out while playing. Not towing with it up there obviously. And as a bonus I can move it outside. The sound quality is pretty good to my picky ears. For watching TV I plug a chromecast into the Jensen which unfortunately uses the speakers but it would be weird to have TV audio coming from one side.

If someone does end up putting in a high end sound system into the 320 I would love to see it.
    2022 T@B 320 S Boondock