Options

Where are the Barefoot owners?

TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
Not sure this is the section to post this question, but I assumed we would be hearing from the Barefoot owners by now.  Maybe there's a section where they're chatting, and I haven't found it.  They've been on the market for almost a year, but there's only one blog I'm aware of, no owner videos, and seemingly few posts, including Facebook.  We would like to hear from the Barefooters...barefeeters...whatever you call yourselves. lol
Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    I only know of one member who was waiting to purchase the Barefoot and she has not posted since then.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I only know of one member who was waiting to purchase the Barefoot and she has not posted since then.
    Oh, no.  Did she buy one?  I hope they come out of the woodwork and talk to us.  I think the two ladies that bought one are enjoying them.  I expected to read about the experiences of many by now. 
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    @TABaker - she has never posted that she has one.  Not sure if she moved onto a different trailer?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    I'll be moving to a Cirrus truck camper in the next 6 months,  would love a category for those and the Barefoots,  we're all a part of the Cirrus family.  Haven't found a good forum for either, and not a huge fan of the Facebook groups.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    OlenaOlena Member Posts: 103
    I think I was that member that was waiting for a Barefoot and then disappeared. I didn't buy a Barefoot and bought a T@B 400 Solo instead. Honestly, now that I have a 400, I am so glad I didn't go for the Barefoot. It's so nice to not have to fold up the bed during the day. I love my 400 and am so glad I got the solo floor plan and also the curved front dinette (don't like the new dinette design at all).

The only downside for me is that because I don't have a permanent tow vehicle, I can't be as spontaneous as I was with my 320. If I want to go on the road now I rent a pick-up truck so more planning is involved. That said, in 2022 I took a seasonal campsite in a brand new park about 2 hours from my house and I got the best spot. It's in the corner with a marsh on one side (the side my door faces) and a farmers field in the back. The site is 50' by 90' so I have lots of room to do my gardening!

When I had my 320 (no bathroom, no A/C, no Alde - basic), I was hardcore solar and off-grid, but now I am enjoying my all mod cons. I never thought I would enjoy having sewer hook-up, geez.

We still go out on the road for about 2 or 3 weeks a season and renting the truck still works out way cheaper than owning a truck. Things have changed so much, but I love the new set-up and the consistency of having a permanent site to go to whenever I want!

2021 T@B 400 Boondock Solo
  • Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    I finally got to see one in person at Missouri teardrop trailers and honestly, it was a disappointment. I love the color and how sassy it is, but I don’t think they are flying off the shelves just yet. I don’t think Dana has sold even one. 
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.