Options

Frustrated Finding Rhomar Glycol and Alde Non-Return Valve

I have made the repairs to my Alde convectors after flushing with water and draining my Alde system.  All convector ends were corroded and had to be cut off to expose sound aluminum which was glass beaded and coated with 2 part epoxy primer.  The Alde non-return valve was corroded and needs to be replaced.

Rhomar makes a Boiler Treatment Kit which has the needed Hydro-Solv™ 9100 Cleaner (1 pint), PRO-TEK® 922 Inhibitor (1 pint), pH Test Strips and PRO-TEK® 922 Test Strips.  This kit provides everything for switching over from the old Century glycol and to maintain the Rhomar glycol going forward. Only problem is I cannot find this kit anywhere except on wholesaler websites that will not sell to individuals.

Rhomar Rhogard can be purchased on Amazon in the ready to use (pre-mixed) gallons bottles  labelled as Truma Alde Glycol.  The details do not list the actual dilution (ie: 50%, 40% etc).  I have seen the Rhomar Rhogard in 5 gallon pails (un-diluted concentrate which would make at least 10 gallons mixed at 50%) listed for the same price as 5 gallons of the ready to use Truma Alde Glycol from Amazon. That’s like a 50% premium per gallon to buy the ready to use stuff plus Amazon does not show the Boiler Treatment Kit which I need/want too.

I have called Truma twice, hung up the first time after holding and it then wants you to leave a message.  The second time I did leave a message but they never called back.

I called the local Camper World store and they never even heard of Rhomar Rhogard or Alde.

I called the local nüCamp dealer who could not find anything on the Alde non-return valve and was not familiar with the Rhomar products.  He said he would try and find something out but never called back.

I call Airstream dealer and asked if they could get any of the items I needed since it appears Airstream also uses the Alde system and mandates changing  the glycol too.  They never called back either.

All I can say is this is totally crazy!

I’m starting to consider going to Hercules Cryo-Tek-100/AL glycol since I can find it along with the related cleaner, test strips and additional corrosion inhibitor to add to the system to keep it in a safe operation range.  As far as the non-return valve, I may be able to salvage the old check valve from the corroded one and install it in a piece of 7/8” stainless steel tube.

2019 T@B 320S

Comments