Options

Confirm I'm getting the correct dicor and grease

In the spring it'll be our first time re-lubing the axles plus we have to replace the vent cover for the waste water tanks as the original one broke.

I just want to make sure I'll be ordering the correct grease for the axle (which I think it is, based on a nuCamp video) and dicor for the roof:
And, does anyone have experience using this particular vent cap, rather than the "standard" one:
Lippert 360 Siphon RV Roof Vent Cap
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Yes, correct for Axle Bearing Grease

E-Z-Lube Lubrication Spec pdf attached
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    The Valvoline Red Grease looks right.  I used the Geocel 28101V sealant for my non-horizontal applications.  https://a.co/d/cvyyRmr
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 216
    Slackers said:
    The Valvoline Red Grease looks right.  I used the Geocel 28101V sealant for my non-horizontal applications.  https://a.co/d/cvyyRmr
    So I need to seal around the vent on the roof (not the large square vent, the one for the plumbing) which should be dicor, I believe?
    Jay and Kat
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    @Jay_and_Kat

nuCamp uses Valvoline GM Multipurpose.  I think as long as you use a lithium based grease you’ll be fine.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    You need to seal around the base of the round vent. What Sharon said about the grease and it needs to be Lithium Complex grease, so the Valvoline you've listed meets that spec.
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 216
    @Slackers, this is the video I'm going to go by when I replace the vent correctly in the spring: "How to: replace an RV plumbing vent"

My "get it through the winter" fix was to take the top of a new vent, screw it to one of the "snap" posts and the post the old cap was screwed to, the put a cover over the camper.

Once spring gets here we're going to pull the camper home remove the old dicor and vent, glom on the dicor where the new vent base will be, screw the vent down, glom on more dicor on top and especially around the screw heads, and we should be good.  I hope.
    Jay and Kat
  • Options
    I like the video. I wouldn't put that much lap sealant over the top of the base of the vent. Also note he used dicor self-leveling lap sealant on what is probably a flat roof. Above you spec'd a non-self-leveling version. I've used the self-leveling sealant on our 320 CS's roof and it doesn't run so much that it's a problem on the curved roof.