Options

Bike rack addition

I'm wondering if any owners out there have added a bike rack to their 320S. I've seen the rack that attached over the front wheel but looking for something different. I've seen the dual receiver that are available that add a second receiver above the main 2" receiver. However to make that work easily so that I can add and remove the trailer while bike is installed, I need to make a custom receiver, increase length of safety chains, dead man brake cable. Lots of work. Anyone have any ideas that worked out well?

Pics would be great if you have them

Dagaad

Comments

• Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    edited February 7
    I’ve carried our bikes probably more places than most.  
    I’ve had them on a Jack-it over the trailer tongue -  Didn’t like it there, left bike grease and oil on trailer front and rack seemed flimsy.
    Ive carried them on the Boondock Yakima rack on trailer rear - Didn’t like not periodically seeing if bikes still there.
    Best place is on top of my tow vehicle.  When staying at a site, we leave trailer then venture into nearby towns or trails with bikes on vehicle.

2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,292
    edited February 7
    If you have the right tow vehicle, a front rack will work and has the advantage of being able to bring the bikes to a trailhead while leaving T@B back at the campsite. Low mount, so easy to load and unload.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    BrianRBrianR Member Posts: 14
    There has been a lot of discussion about "double receivers" and the impact they have on your trailer hitch capacity. It's not a great option according to the experts. The Jack-it rack is ok but agree that on the tow vehicle is the best option. IMO