Options

Water leak & mold inside at the back of my TAB Q MAX

I have seen a thread on this recently and our TAB is now in to. Be fixed for that. Does anyone know if this is a recall problem or problem in general that the manufacture will pay for?

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    What year is your trailer?  There have been water intrusions through the tail lights in some years, and it may also be a leaky glycol expansion tank.  So, the year of the trailer will help.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    tonitoni Member Posts: 46
    HI there, It is a 2017 and I did read the thread about the same thing happening to others.  We do not have a glycol issue though. 
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    It would be worth checking directly with NuCamp
    about if they will cover this

My 2017 Q had issues with caulk failing in back
  • Options
  • Options
    Hello again.  We have taken our TAB to an RV dealership & service. It appears that the leak is coming from the top exterior red trim.  The screws on both side were evidently not installed and sealed and somehow the red strip is supposed to expand and contract with conditions.  Three of the four need to be replaced.  Does anyone know of a good source that might have what we need.    The color of the strip is cherry red.  2017 TAB Q Max 300 series.  Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    Your TaB dealer can order the parts and install or you can install yourself.  If you don’t have a local dealer, Missouri Teardrop Trailers is very helpful.  https://www.missouriteardroptrailers.com/
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    I have an update.  Evidently the screws on the top of the trailer that are only visible from a top view, leaked.  And water slid down the back to the above described issue.  The screws were placed into the red trim & body.  Those strips were meant to move and they didn’t because of the screws.  So the red strips, two backs & a front were damaged as well by the screws.  Finally the calking was not present anymore.  As you know we purchased out trailer new in 2017.  After talking to NewCamp several times via email (as did the RV repair facility), their decision was that it was not a warranty problem.  It was a maintenance issue.  Thanks to all for your help and knowledge.