Options

T@B 400 2022 Multiplus II Install ?

Hello,

We have a 2022 T@B 400 BD. The dealer installed a 100AH BB battery, but I am looking to upgrade to a Multiplus II in the same location as the current Aims inverter. It looks like this rear space is 24x11x7.75, and the Multiplus II is 22.76 x 10.91 x 5.83. So, on paper, it seems like it should fit; I have some concerns that the rear slop of the box might cause some issues.

Does anyone know if the vent in the bottom of the battery box is from the Alde, it looks like there might be some radiator fins down in there, I assume the was for the previous AGM batteries.

I looked through the following thread but didn't see anyone using a MultiPlus II.  Does anyone here have experience installing a MP II in the 2022 400 ?
https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/16379/2023-400-with-the-400-ah-lithium-mod-victron-inverter/p1

I have a few pictures of the back area; I plan to to use the front area for additional batteries goal being around 400AH 12v or 250AH if converting to 24v.

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 8
    The Alde heater convectors are in the rear compartment.  My only concern would be getting enough air flow to the Inverter and not blocking the cold air return vents at the bottom of the Alde heater area in the back.  The Multiplus is a large unit, and might be better if placed in front of the battery area.  The rear area has a sloped floor that might cause issues.  Look at the lithium package install photos posted here on the newer TaB400s, and follow nüCamp’s install.
    cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    enzo86enzo86 Member Posts: 11
    Right, I looked at the post listed above and NuCamp is using the larger Multiplus in the same area it looks like where the AIMS is placed.  I was looking at using the Multiplus II which while longer is not as high.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 8
    OK, you are using the smaller 2K Multiplus?  That should fit ok.  But you are going from 1200 watts to 2K, so you will need to increase the wire size between battery and the Mulitplus on the DC side.  The AC wire connection should be fine.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    3k Multiplus II, @12v need 4/0 cable, If I converted to 24v the amps would be cut in half but then you would need to deal with converting 24v to 12v for the DC house loads. Victron makes a DC to DC converter for this task just haven't decided if I want to make that jump yet.

Cut Sheet for the Inverter.
    https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-MultiPlus-II-120V-EN.pdf

• Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 305
    @enzo86 There have been some reports of multiplus II tripping gfci. If you do a search for it you will find more information. Also, how many batteries are you going to have in total?
    Yes, there are a lot of post on the Victron Forums, here and even on the Airstream forums around GFCI getting tripped with the MPII, assume it has something to do with the power assist and the ground relay.  I might just go with the 12/3000 Multiplus, it seems like that is what everyone else is using.
  • Options
    HammickHammick Member Posts: 74
    enzo86 said:
    Yes, there are a lot of post on the Victron Forums, here and even on the Airstream forums around GFCI getting tripped with the MPII, assume it has something to do with the power assist and the ground relay.  I might just go with the 12/3000 Multiplus, it seems like that is what everyone else is using.
    I agree.  Why not use what NuCamp uses.  Plenty of photos so you know it will fit and where to put everything.