Options

Tripped power

Help! I'm camping for an outdoor photo shoot and I no longer get power from shore. The breaker on the box has not been tripped, my cables both 50 amp and 30 amp have a light shining show that I'm getting power. However when I unplug them I get nothing. When I turn the battery on I get everything except the electrical outlets. This morning I plugged my electric kettle in near the sink and it popped and the lights went out. I did have my computer and a small heater on the protected outlet, but not turned on. I'm not sure how long my battery will last because I have another two and a half days of this big event and I'm scared the fridge is going to go out with all the food I prepared for the week. Any ideas or thoughts or appreciated. I've pulled up the cushions to see if I'm missing something and I don't see any fuses tripped 🤞🤞
2024 t@b 320, subaru outback 2017 limited, full-time photographer

Comments

• Options
    BridgerSunsetBridgerSunset Member Posts: 88
    You say "protected" outlet..... have you reset the GFCI outlet, which I presume is by the sink ?
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock  - Chev Silverado 3500HD 6.6L - Toyota 4Runner 4.0L
    SW Montana USA

• Options
    ambient_exposureambient_exposure Member Posts: 7
    My GFCI is near the Lithium auto detect on the floor Under the bench. It's not lit up but the USB port to the right is lit up. Like I said, everything works off battery except the plug-in outlets..... But when I turn the battery off, I get zero everything.....I have hit reset several times on GFCI, but nothing
  • Options
    So the 110v outlets are dead.  How about ....did you check that famous yellow Glaso circuit breaker which may be accessed through the outside cubby storage (at least on the 400's)....?
    SW Montana USA

• Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 455
    Or, more generally have you checked the AC breakers in the power center ? Flip them back and forth because sometimes it's not obvious if one has tripped.
  • Options
    No cubby @BridgerSunset on the 24 320s. @Grumpy_G, forgive me but where is the power center? Unless I looked at it & had no idea. I haven't checked under the rear seats yet, just both front
  • Options
    The power center is in the base of the driver side bench, behind a large plastic cover. It has AC circuit breakers and 12V fuses inside.
  • Options
    Not familiar enough with 320.  Is the power center what you're calling the Lithium Autodetect?  In this picture, it appears to be by those 2 white outlets under the bunk.  All the fuses and circuit breakers should be in there.

SW Montana USA

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @ambient_exposure the circuit breakers are located in your power converter, what you are calling the lithium auto detect. Open the cover, some hinge downward and some completely pull off. Check first for blown blade (automobile type) fuses. Assuming all are good, then flip all the breakers to the off position. WAIT 2 or 3 minutes. Switch all the breakers back on. That is your first line of defense. We'll go from there if you need to.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Back rear driver is alde system, back rear passenger is AC unit. Rear pull out bench near bathroom has the smart solar charge control & auto detect wfco battery detection. Not seeing anything to pull or pry open. 
  • Options
    On that WFCO panel, try to push in on the door, lightly.  Should snap open.
    SW Montana USA

• Options
    The WFCO thingy is the power center. On most you just push in the center on top of the cover and it folds down.
  • Options
    Ok, push on the center of the outside....not underneath the pull out bench🤦🏼‍♂️ I feel stupid bc I've torn this thing apart looking all over & it was outside near my feet the whole time.....15a was tripped. You all are a blessing! Manual was left at home, my GF already scolded me for that. Thank you thank you thank you x200
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @ambient_exposure do not look under the back bench (couch seat) or the passenger side bench for the power center. It should be accessible from the front of the driver's side bench. It is a brown or black plastic square or slightly retangular box that protrudes forward  only an inch or so from the wood bench.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    @ambient_exposure Crisis averted :) For future reference, leave the battery switch on unless the trailer isn't used for a while. That way when shore power fails you still have lights, the fridge and can run the heater on propane for a while. Also for troubleshooting 120V AC problems, see if things like the Alde system or air conditioning are still working when the outlets are dead. That narrows down the potential issues.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
     @ambient_exposure - a few questions.
    1.  “ my cables both 50 amp and 30 amp have a light shining show that I'm getting power.”  We’re you just checking the pedestal?

2.  “However when I unplug them I get nothing. When I turn the battery on I get everything except the electrical outlets. ”  Unless you have an inverter, it is turned on, and you have adequate battery, you can not use the 120V outlets unless hooked into operating shorepower.

3.  “This morning I plugged my electric kettle in near the sink and it popped and the lights went out.”  Can you show us a photo of the power center box?  I wonder how things have changed in the 2024 models.  Not making sense that you have a 15 amp breaker for a 30 amp circuit.  Also, why did that kettle trip anything?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,682
    The question about the kettle: what is the wattage rating of the kettle? 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi