Options

nuCamp Newsletter

scott14scott14 Member Posts: 142
Has anyone on the forum subscribed to the nuCamp Newsletter?  I would like to know more about the content.  It would be nice if they allowed us to view an issue to determine if we would like to subscribe.  Thank you.
Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois

Comments

• Options
    RMoRMo Member Posts: 152
    I was interested until I saw they were charging a subscription fee.  That was surprising to me but they must think it’s REALLY good.
    2019 T@B 400
    2017 Highlander Limited
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    edited April 30
    Hmmm. I wasn't even aware there was a newsletter. There's no obvious link on their web site, but I did find the sign-up page by Googling "nuCamp newsletter."
    I signed up, just to see what happens.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited April 30
    Ahh, wait...  I found a different link in the nuCamp store--this one charging the $40 subscription fee.
    Beats me, folks. I have no idea what's going on...
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,531
    I received an email regarding the newsletter.  Probably between uCamp and factory work, they have my email address.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,219
    They should offer a teaser. Otherwise there’s little incentive for us to sign up.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    scott14scott14 Member Posts: 142
    I emailed nuCamp to ask if they have considered offering a teaser, as manyman297 noted above.  Stay tuned for their response.
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,031
    I'd be interested in it but not for $40.  Or I guess I'd like to see one first to see if it is worth that.  For $40 it ought to be a full blown magazine.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,219
    We had a Mazda (actually just sold it) and when we bought it almost 10 years ago they sent a welcome kit and a subsequent quarterly magazine which was really quite nice. It continued for maybe 4-5 years. I always thought it was a welcome surprise alongside making a sizable purchase and showed the customer that the company really cared about their product and customers. I'm not implying that Nucamp should provide the same printed magazine but $40 seems steep to me. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    @marchule, per my comments above, there appear to be two links (one with a fee, one without) where one can sign up for the newsletter. Which one did you choose?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,604
    ScottG said:
    @marchule, per my comments above, there appear to be two links (one with a fee, one without) where one can sign up for the newsletter. Which one did you choose?

@ScottG ;  I used the nüCamp web-page (free) newsletter sigh-up option.
                     About 10-days later received an email Thanking me with a link to the $40 fee page.
                     Which I declined.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    RVMikeRVMike Member Posts: 25
    edited May 8
    I am a member of Experimental Aircraft Association. For my annual $40 membership fee I also get their very nice monthly magazine: Sport Aviation.
    Mike and Priscilla, White Salmon, WA
    2020 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge, 2020 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    @ScottG ;  I used the nüCamp web-page (free) newsletter sigh-up option.
                     About 10-days later received an email Thanking me with a link to the $40 fee page.
                     Which I declined.
    Ha. That's what I did... about ten days ago. We'll see if I get the same invite to fork over some dough.  :-)
    2015 T@B S