Options

Clam shell hatch construction?

rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 952
Does anyone know if there is any structural framing across the clam shell hatch?  The aluminum perimeter frame is obvious but I don't see any evidence framing across the width.  I would like to attach a strap that Rosalie can reach when she wants to close up.  If it is attached away from the edge, it will avoid interfering with the seals when closing.
I didn't find any pictures of the CS hatch under construction.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,588
    Good question.  I looked through all our factory photos and did not see any of the CS on the line.  I will ask over on the TaG forum.  Likely will be the same.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,588
    On the TaGs, it sound like there is an aluminum channel/conduit that runs from top to bottom for the license plate light.
    https://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/655#Comment_655

I posed the question over on the TaG forum.  Help@nucamprv.com may be in order.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 952
    This is the working solution for strap attachment.  Far enough from the edge to avoid the seal and short enough not to reach the bottom in closed position.   I placed the screw similarly spaced from the edge as the strut brackets and had a solid mount.  Field testing to begin soon!

I'm still curious about the hatch structure.  I have the overhead light that could mount on almost anything and the lit license plate frame appears to be surface mounted.  Tapping on the surface doesn't provide any clues.  I've seen paper towel holders mounted on the interior surface - I don't know the details.