Clamshell discontinued at the end of June, 2024...the 360 CS replacing it?

pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,911
This info showed up on one of the FB pages the other day, and someone finally sent NuCamp an email.

The rest of the rumor mill involves whether or not there will be a 360-CS. 
2017 Outback
Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi

Comments

• TommieTommie Member Posts: 5
    I would bet that the 320 cs-s line is being replaced by the 360 model.
  • MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 414
    The 'CS was a great camping trailer. Unfortunately, in 2020 the utensil drawer was removed from the kitchen. Then in 2024 the refrigerator was removed plus, the drawers were removed from the dresser. With the current kitchen, I'm not surprised the product line is deleted. If the 'CS concept does return in a '360 form, maybe they will make the kitchen usable again.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 997
    edited June 15
    The clamshell is what brought us to the T@B family in 2010.  It was the only "stand up" teardrop clamshell available  - and still is (was).  I can understand if the market does not justify the small production numbers.  Clearly the CS lovers are a small part or their sales.  The entire T@B & T@DA market was too small for Dutchman to continue building them.
    We're thrilled we got one of the Ultimate Toys versions.  IMO it seems to be the best of NuCamp 320s design and construction in 2023.  The extra width was a dream come true after ~500 nights a bit curled up to fit the 2009...  We'll do our best to make this one last.

• acer211acer211 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 12
    CSS brought us to the Nucamp family as well.

A Galley on the exterior (the only way to go) with a standup and sit down interior (and bathroom) was the only camper my wife and I would consider. If it were 6” wider it would be the perfect camper. 

The refrigerator (2022) was pretty much my only gripe aside from cramped width.
  • ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 455
    We came into this purchase 5 years ago expecting to buy a clamshell. To me it's just classic teardrop but then we laid in the bed and that took care of it. I don't regret the decision of buying the 320U. We have so so so much room.
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting
    Each of us use the trailer differently. We've been exclusively camping. For us, there is nothing better for camping than the CS. As we approach "working less," we are looking for a traveling trailer. We would need a full time dinette inside. Maybe with the CS out of production, the price of used ones will go up. ; )
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 458
    Say it ain't so! We're clamshell lovers! I guess we'll be doing whatever it takes to keep our 2019 rolling as long as we're rolling!
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,706
    Maybe nuCamp will continue making the Ultimate Toys model and consider that their contribution to the CS world.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    FWIW - Those who are disappointed by this news and want to get a deluxe CSS before they're gone... Signe has just posted on the UT Facebook page that Gerton RV in Mt Vernon IN has 4 UTs in stock listed for $29,900.  Two Classics and two Woodys.

• MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 478
    edited June 19
    I have difficulty believing that NuCamp is blowing away the CS. I don't want it but I know as others state, this is what brings them to the T@Bs. But then with the 360's great features they create an almost unusable kitchen area with the large refrigerator. What's with the Marketing research group there? 2 Strikes, 1 more and they may move to the ho-hum trailer makers. We've already lost so many nice options on these trailers in the pursuit for $$.

KEEP THE CS on the 320 and have an option for the 320 size refrigerator on the 360! I've sent an email to this effect to NuCamp's customer service. Maybe if more people do this can be reversed.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • SLJSLJ Member Posts: 524
    I doubt the 360 will have a CS version as I was told that the demand for outside kitchens in the larger teardrops has fallen way off. We cook outside on a camp stove most of the time anyway but are glad we have the inside kitchen for traveling where we can't use the outside stove or a kitchen.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • ybakosybakos Member Posts: 60
    edited September 18
    Wow! The clamshell kitchen of the CS-S was an awesome choice for us, and has really increased our glamping enjoyment, especially our cooking (and drinking) game. We got a 2021 CS-S before they removed the fridge. I agree with others that the sleeping width is just a little too short. Other than that, what an amazing, fun camper!

I myself would love to see a 400 clamshell. I would consider upgrading.

There is just no way, for us, using an indoor kitchen makes any sense - the smell, moisture, oil splatter, etc. Cooking outside is just so much more fun and pragmatic. There are solutions to blocking the wind and rain when the weather gets excessively gnarly.

2022 Tab 320 CS-S Boondock
    I agree with Ybakos. We love our '18 'CS. Unless weather prevents it, we cook and eat outside. On really cold days, we bring a toaster oven or induction hotplate and cook on the dresser. It is a camping trailer.

The larger T@G is not the same. You don't have the storage, the heat, or the lavatory. The '400 isn't an upgrade. You lose half the kitchen, most of the storage in exchange for a dinette and larger lavatory. The non-cs is a step down.

They stopped a product with no internal competition. We bought a used 'CS because we couldn't find a new one. I think the accountants may have confused dealer stocking strategy for market desire.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
    edited September 26
    For those who may be interested in a new CSS.  The Ultimate Toys by NuCamp group on Facebook has had several more comments recently about brand new UT CSS teardrops on dealer lots still available...

• AlBAlB Member Posts: 2
    edited September 26
    Never post here, created an account a long time ago (still love NuCamp, a Casita was a better fit for us), but thought you all might wanna see this screen capture from a new RV Business video at the Elkhart Extravaganza going on right now. 

Look close and you'll see they took a 360 CS. I know NuCamp said they were coming out with them early next year, great to see a real one.

edited October 1
    Woah! Thanks @AIB ! I am very curious about this TAB 360 CS.

Hopefully the fridge won't be on the interior by the door, leaving a nice big countertop space in the front instead, and has the classic small fridge/freezer in the galley kitchen.

Here's another glimpse, via a nuCamp post on Linked In.

Oh no! It looks like:

- no enclosed pass-through storage 👎
    - huge fridge on the inside despite the kitchen in back 👎
    - split / uneven kitchen counter (unlike 2024, and with no fridge in the back to justify?)
    - no BT speakers in the galley 🙀 

I get that this is not the final product. Hoping for better!