Water filter bowl has white film inside

Is the plastic filter bowl supposed to be transparent?  Mine appears to be coated with something white.  The pump works, though, so I should be happy

Comments

• elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 353
    edited June 19
    Unscrew the pump filter.  Remove the mesh insert and wash it off.  That mesh caught some debris as it was designed to do. 
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • MaxcampMaxcamp Member Posts: 265
    edited June 21
    We too found this early in ownership.
    1.  Lots of white shavings from cutting and or shaving cut Pex tubing.  Nucamp failure to follow manufacturer protocols and required system flushing.
    2.  Gummy white residue after one thankfully short Alde use with RV antifreeze in it.  Long since rectified.
    3. Microcracking of clear plastic housing.  Whether oxidation or pressure are the cause, this is well documented in the forum to reduce pressure retention and pump prime.  Its cheap to replace the clear plastic filter housing and reduce pressure loss.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• GhannanGhannan Member Posts: 15
    So, I should replace the plastic folter bowl?.....
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,668
    No, just clean the filter.  Maxcamp is referring to what can happen if the plastic filter bowl is cracked.  It can prevent adequate pressure in the pump line due to air entrainment and that will prevent the pump from priming.  When you run your pump after replacing the filter it may require more time to overcome the pressure loss created with interrupting the plumbing line.
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 604
    @Ghannan my filter has the same milky coloring!! Just discovered recently. It does not clean off. It's not slimy or anything, it's like the plastic has discolored. My fingernail didn't scrape it off either. I even tried vinegar but no change, so I screwed it back on. No problems with water pump.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

I just checked it.  Looks like a white plastic sleeve inside the bowl.  Why, I wonder....
  • MaxcampMaxcamp Member Posts: 265
    Sometimes I wonder if Nucamp changes build components just to keep in practice.  Always a forensic investigation to find out what you bought compared to others' documentation.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,668
    edited June 23
    How about a photo @Ghannan?
  • redauntredaunt Member Posts: 31
    just purchased T@b 400 (an upgrade from our 320). Where exactly is this filter located?
    Next to the water pump, in the inlet water end of the pump.  Under the driver side end of the bed, in the Alde compartment