Options

Sewer Hose Storage using Valterra EZ hose carrier A04-5094 BK on 2024 Tab400

I was able to mount the Valterra EZ hose carrier behind the storage box on the front. The install came out really clean, just had to move the spare tire holder 1.5 inches closer to the front. This allowed the carrier to slide in between the propane hose and spare tire carrier. Step 1 was remove storage box to access the screws on the spare tire carrier, then move the spare tire carrier bar, then slide in tube and mount on either end, reinstall storage box in it's original location/screw hole. holds two 10' Rhinoflex hoses

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,270
    Looks really good. I’m debated on adding a dedicated hose storage. When I’m digging everything out of the storage box to get to my hoses is when I want it the most. Your install looks nice and clean too. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,340
    @chrisnoe, nice installation!  I recently purchased the larger aluminum tub for my 2019 320 S and am interested in doing the same thing.  I currently have the sewer hose holder in the same location, but I had to cut round openings in the original (smaller) aluminum tub to accomplish that.

What size and type screws did you use to secure the Valterra tube to the trailer?  Do you know if the screws grab any part of the trailer structure other than the aluminum diamond plate?  Also, if you have it, would you mind posting a photo that shows the view looking down the length of the tube after the aluminum tub was re-attached to the Boondock platform?

Thanks!
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 183
    Good job! Did the same a few years ago and works great. Just a heads up. I've found that over time the lids can come loose going down the road and fly open and break (they're hard plastic). Using these little S clips in the holes where the lids come together solves it. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nite-Ize-Black-S-Biner-MicroLock-2-Pack-LSBM-01-2R3/204497661
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods
  • Options
    chrisnoechrisnoe Member Posts: 5
    For sure I have had the same issue on our former Airstream. I use a clip and a tether