Options

Black exterior trim along top of T@B

judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
I read that this trim is cosmetic and we had a crack in the seam.  I didn't like it but dealt with it.
Our dealer did warranty work today and went over the vehicle.  He didn't like the crack in trim but discovered a bigger issue, a crack beneath the trim...a leak waiting to happen.
Hats off to our dealer and to Little Guy for a quick response.  
Pour dealer taped the crack and new trim is on the way.
Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Judy I have the same gap, I think. Mine wasn't a crack, but where 2 pieces meet they separated. Is that what happened to your T@b?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    No, Jenn.  The crack was underneath the trim.  I wasn't able to observe but the dealer showed my husband.  I was assured by DH that the fiberglass wasn't cracked, rather the area covered by the trim.  We are lucky that we haven't had a leak.  Thankful our dealer's employee saw this.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32