Options

What Size Sheets to Buy?

I'm a little confused about what size sheets to buy. We are getting a T@B S Max, Sofitel model. The specs say the bed is 70 x 73 inches?

Comments

• Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    We use quin size flatsheets on our S-max both as bottom sheet and as cover sheet, and they fit well. I could not make fitted sheets work in our t@b, so we simplified  :).
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    I got full size and they fit fine. But I would think a flat bottom and top would make the most sense. Ya just gotta get those 'hospital corners' nice and tight!
  • Options
    ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    I bought 2 twin foam pads and using a King Sheet set made like a pillowcase for each. When we roll these out, we have bottom sheets! We use a duvet so no need for a top sheet.
    2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    We have our bed split in half, sometime solo and sometimes together, so we have twin fitted sheets on each half of the bed. They are too big, but just tuck them under. We don't use a top sheet, just our comforter. Works fine for us.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    A king size fitted sheet will fit on the cushions (not snugly) but many people use various combinations of toppers and or sleeping pads. I did a bedroll mod that works for me, but others may need something different. My mod is somewhat like what Elk described.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    KatsKats Member Posts: 95
    We just use queen sized sets and they seem to do fine. They will be wrinkled in some spots and tight in others, but they work fine.
  • Options
    LARKLARK Member Posts: 146
    I'm ordering the Superbag. Totally frustrated with fitted sheets. Pricey but solves the hassle.
    M@rk and Donn@ : 2015 T@B S Max, Silver/Black, 2008 Toyota Beef Taco DC
  • Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    I ordered a bottom fitted sheet from Advancedbedding.com today, it was pricy but will make life a little easier.  Cost:  $64.00 for a 70X72" fitted sheet!
  • Options
    Sgtjohn, our problem was not so much getting a fitted sheet to fit, but was the effort crawling around and wrestling it into place. You're probably way more agile than my old knees, but I decided that rolling out a bedroll with a sleeping pad inside the sheet was way more doable!

So I sewed big "pillowcases" for my self-inflating sleeping pads, with an already attached top sheet at the end. We roll them up, stuff them in the king sized pillow cases and throw them in the hole under the back passenger side bench during the day.

http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1111/bedroll-mod-takes-a-little-bit-of-sewing
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    Ha!  We have a 4" foam topper in our T@B and the wife rolled it up and stowed it under the rear cabinet.  I didn't know it could be done as large as it is but she did it!  The last time we camped my hip hurt using just the factory cushions and I've never been awakened to hip pain.  But, when we get older, things change.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    We rec'd the ordered sheet and it fits exactly! With the sheet on our new 4" topper I think we're about ready to go....except for medical and dental appointments!
    We're shooting for the 15th of Dec and plan on going south from OKC and watch the weather and as soon as it's conducive head for Tucson where the weather will be warmer.
  • Options
    Great! Glad it worked out for you. We just got our T@b out of storage and are heading out for Crystal Cove Moro State Park in SoCal for a few days. If it's half as pretty as the pictures we're going to have a great time
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    I too have a queen sized 2.5 inch memory foam topper that is inside a zippered waterproof/mite proof case. It is rolled up under the cabinets like Sgtjohn.  For bedding i have a queen sized double sleeping bag made by Coleman that has a removable sheet anchored inside. I roll that out on top of the topper, ready ro go. Kind of like a travasak at a third of the price. Another bonus is that the jumbo sleeping bag unzips into two separate sleeping bags. They are machine washable and fit in a standard washer and dryer once seperated.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    kccatekccate Member Posts: 51
    Lunafem, can you help me figure out how to store the bedding behind the seat? I can roll up my memory foam and such, which would clearly fit in the spot once the seat was up.... But I cannot fit it over the top of the seat once it is pulled up. If the seat back would come more forward ... What am I missing?  Thanks!
    Cathy and traveling canines, 
    on the sunny side of the street
    2007 Dutchman T@B, C@te's Cr@te
    2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i
  • Options
    JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65
    I bought 2 self inflating camp pads ( the extra large) from REI and made sacks out of flannel.  They are too long for the bed, but I can fold my end up and the extra length gives my husband a little support for his feet, so he doesn't have to curl up too much. I can still roll them with the flannel sack and fit in the storage sacks that came with. Throw them under back seat quick and easy. A blanket over the top and we are set to go.  If I go solo, I only need one across the back.  Saving my hip. 
    2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I use a Nemo Stratoloft sleeping bag. One of the many things I love is that it has a pocket to hold a sleeping pad, so you don't slide off of it all night. They make a Strato Loft Duo for 2 people that holds either 2 single or 1 double sleeping pads.

I love my sleeping bag more than luxury linens!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    We bought some sheets made to order on the Internet and the sheets don't work well placed over a foam mattress, the sheet causes the corners to turn up when we try to fit the sheet on the opposite corner.  Live and learn....  It's better with a duvet cover.