Options

Window not staying open...

DerecoDereco Member Posts: 89
edited September 2015 in Trailer & Towing
We have used our T@B two weekends now, and this problem persists. I have to open the windows repeatedly before they 'catch' and stay open. I have had to do it as many as 8 or 10 times. The levers or arms will click very slightly, but not catch.  We have a 2014 Max S. Is this normal, or is there something I can adjust?

(I tried various searches but could't find anything on this)

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    It sounds like you have the older style windows. Mine have knobs to tighten.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DerecoDereco Member Posts: 89
    jkjenn said:
    It sounds like you have the older style windows. Mine have knobs to tighten.
    Yes, we have small red levers/latches that keep windows closed, and then when opening, you push the window out/up, and and release slightly at two different positions, and two arms on each side 'catch' to hold open. There is a click sound. To close, push out again, and the window can close. Or, in my case, push numerous times... :(
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Don't have to much trouble with mind, just have to take my time, nice and slow, until I hear the click.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    moniraqmoniraq Member Posts: 46
    I sometimes have to do the same. I just slow down a bit and keep opening until it actually stays.
    Monica (aka GlobeDiva)
    2014 T@b Max "Q"
    TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC60 T5
  • Options
    Spruce1Spruce1 Member Posts: 100
    We have to "finesse" our windows somewhat too on our 2014 max s. Basically, we push open the window until it clicks, and then gently ease off the pressure. It was a little tricky to begin with, but now it's second nature.  When we first looked at the unit we ultimately purchased I thought the windows were defective. Now that we've got it figured out they are easy to operate and a great feature.
    2014 T@B-S
    2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
    Minnesota
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
      I have a 2007 DM T@B and have replaced the window supports.  Hubby actually repaired one, but it's a little tricky.  You can get the supports online.  I think the factory has the info.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Dereco, you truly can't be in a hurry for this type of window. Slowly push out on it, listen for the click, stop, slowly lower it until it stops. Trust me, I have a 2014 also and it took me a couple of trips to figure out how to "finesse" it, as Spruce1 said, to stay open. There isn't anything wrong with the windows, patience will reward you! You're on camping time and you don't have to be in a hurry ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”