Options

Show us your stuff!

Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
Would be "nice" to see your new trailers and figured I would start things out. So take some time, share your photos of your interior/exterior of your T@B units as we'd love to see your trailer! And yes, mine is a new Silver Shadow, but I do love the T@B line and you just never know what the future might bring. ;)

This is a shot of my new 2014 Silver Shadow.

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    edited March 2014
    Keep looking at the T@B's Mike, and we may yet convince you to up size just a little bit more. They already come in that blue trim you are so fond of :-D

I'll add a few of the T@Bpole (click to enlarge all):

image image image image

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hey, you just never know Nate! >:)
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Couple shots of the RZRBUG.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Nice, a very good looking combo too.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    I love the lights on your trailer Nate and Larry, love that interior set-up! Getting the bug to roll mine out right now...... Thanks for sharing!

NEXT!!!! \:D/
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    T@Bpole and T@BbyKay look like sisters. How fun!
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    stanmstanm Member Posts: 49
    I posted this on the old forum, but its all good...
    Stan & Kitty - Seattle - 2014 T@B Q, Silver & Orange, 2013 Outback
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Here is an rv newbie question: when it comes to decorations and other things in your T@bs, do you leave them out while in transit, or are they secured?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    My rule of thumb is that anything that is breakable or capable of causing damage if bounced around gets put away or secured. Everything else stays where it is and is rearranged if necessary when I stop.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I agree with Larry, as I put things away during travel, cushion my cups, secure the dish soap to control it, keep large objects secured or cushioned between things and use plastic storage containers to keep things intact. I even protect my pots and pans from being scratched by placing dish rags/towels between them and to eliminate containers from dumping the contents during travel. Paper toweling rolls are great cushions as well!

I have traveled enough over the years to know that you even have to take into consideration elevation changes when traveling in alpine/mountain environments as things do open up when altitude changes. Plastic zip lock bags are handy and will contain things like shampoos, dish soap and other liquids. My dop kit for my shave cream, shampoo, conditioner has been cleaned a few times previously until I smartened up and stuck some of these items in a plastic zip lock bag.

I have ruined the surfaces of Teflon style pans from things rubbing together on them and have switched over to stainless steel cook pans after these experiences. I also carry silverware in a slotted holder for the utensils and inside a box that is fitted for the holder and eliminates the forks/spoons/knives from hopping out during travel. I had previously stored my cooking utensils in small nylon bags that you can get in the camping section in Walmart or other stores like REI, etc.

Another consideration is the galley counter top surface and things bouncing on top and sliding around during travel. I bought a couple of door mats with a rubber surface beneath it and placed this down on the counter top to protect the surface. I would store my cookware, plates, cups, teapot, etc. inside two large plastic storage boxes and set them on top of the two mats to protect the counter top.

When you travel the trailer is like a big washing machine agitator because the road surface, pot holes, cracks, road repair efforts (uplifted asphalt, broken concrete, etc.) and speed all affect the contents and trailer itself. Things bounce up and down, move around, are jolted and can wear against whatever surface they are placed or positioned against, similar to a rock tumbler or the effects of the rolling seashore. My Coleman lantern rubbed against the galley wall and I could see the red plastic on the wall and surface marks on the galley counter top, etc. I removed much of these abrasion marks with a Magic Eraser and that little sponge has really worked well in cleaning a lot of things up.

Sorry for the above missive, but these are some of the things I've experienced and should give you some good tips in avoiding some of the things I've dealt with in the past.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you both and Mike thanks for the detail. What you said is along the lines I was thinking but when I saw the very decorated T@bs I wondered how they did it, meaning if they packed the decorations away and unpacked when they set up. I would not have thought about the cupboards and drawers opening but I had thought about stuff like microwave (not sure I want one, anyway) causing damage. I am planning on bringing a small Keurig so I will work on finding a way to stow and protect it.

I have been using the Ziplocks for a few years. You are right: only way to be safe against spillage for toiletries.

Thanks, again!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Hi Jenn,

I had some marinara sauce leak out from high altitude and dish soap leak all over the contents of a storage box I used for my gear. Talk about a mess!!!! LOL

With a T@B I would probably set the microwave on the floor and place some cushions or pillows around it to protect the trailer. Another thing I use for cushioning items are the strofoam pool noodles. They are cheap, can be cut up into pieces for various size jobs and they work great. I slit them down the side with a knife and slide them over bike frames, door edges and have taped them to parts to protect against rubbing action. They come in varying sizes and are worth the money as they really do work great!
  • Options
    I saw marinara and read marijuana, lol... glad I read incorrectly.

Yuck... that must have been awful. I guess anything liquid should really be sealed to be safe. I typically use either ziplocks, Kelty Camp Cartons, or packing cubes for clothes and linens, to help stay organized.

• Options
    I learned the hard way as I spent an afternoon at the campsite washing dish soap out of my gear and have even had a coffee pot full of water accidentally dump over the countertop in my galley and leak into my Little Guy!

Yuuuuuck!!! So I'm conditioned well for most of the unexpected happenings while traveling. Well, for the most part that is! :))
  • Options
    I spent my first afternoon at Yellowstone showering and washing clothes due to accidentally discharging bear pray on myself last year... it was a freak thing where my camp kitchen cupboard caught the bear spraying my belt, flipped off the safety, and depressed the trigger. It sprayed me right in the eyes.

It stinks when you spend time that would be more enjoyably spent doing other things, cleaning up a mess.

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I don't carry a microwave, but my toaster oven and coffee pot sit on the counter on the rubber shelf liner.  We used that for everything over the years in my family's camper.  My plates and glasses sit on it in the cabinet too and don't shift in travel.  I have a cloth cube that I sit small breakable items in while traveling, and it rides between the legs of my beach chair on the sofa.  My Keurig rides in the trash can.  Everything has a place during transit.

Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    I'm heading out next Tuesday and will begin my trip west from Florida, up through Texas, possibly to New Mexico, to Arizona and back home to Michigan in late April......  Can't wait!
  • Options
    CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
    edited April 2014
    So my new T@BOO arrived at Beckley's yesterday a few days behind schedule. Now I need to find a time next week to go get it!
    In protest I went to Shenandoah NP this morning and hiked 10 miles. Man it would have been nice to just plop in the trailer this afternoon instead of making the 2.5 hour drive home. The dog is a hoot on a hike!
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot
  • Options
    CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
    edited April 2014
    All home safe and sound. Installed the internal Progressive Industries Surge device today. Only issue so far it that the electric brakes are so weak they almost do nothing. But ain't she purdy?
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    You get the double prize for purdy T@Boo and purdy teenager. 
    Love the red and white T@B. 
    Happy Camping. 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    Oh how I wish I were that limber! Love your T@BOO. Can't wait for ours. Another month, probably.
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    edited May 2015
    TABaker, does your coffee pot not fall over? I use rhe rubber shelf liner for a lot of non skid purposes.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    Just saw your Kuerig rides in trash can. Sorry I misread. You do have the cutest set up. I need to find your post re: window awnings. My sewing machine no longer exists. Maybe I could use fabric no sew glue.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    TardismanTardisman Member Posts: 54
    Our TAB got new counters and a new Table top this summer. I also made a "Cocktail Table" for a more relaxed environment inside. Just big enough for a plate of cheese and a bottle of wine.

John D. 
    2014 TAB M@X S series

• Options
    Cheryl74074Cheryl74074 Member Posts: 71
    A few shots from last June and our first trip out. I'll have to take more pictures of the inside additions we've made.
    Cheryl, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel, 2015 T@b S Maxx (T@bitha)
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    John - that smaller table is so awesome - can we clone you? :)     I'm ordering my T@B without the big table. Have something already in my house that may work but I like the smaller one you made!

Cheryl - we will have somewhat similar models - mine will be all white with aqua trim and I, too, am getting some of the T@Bitha style (cushion color, cabinets and walls - but am leaving the floors in the lighter color).
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    TardismanTardisman Member Posts: 54
    We ordered our TAB with the center post table. I think the new ones come with a folding table but I have long legs and the folding table left no room underneath. Having the post allowed me to get an additional mounting plate and build a small cocktail table. The small table allows us to move around the entire area easily and is great for those rainy days where you want room but need somewhere for your drink. 

I actually built two small tables. My wife wanted a kidney shape and I wanted an 18" round. After using both the kidney share won out. It gives us the most room and has the most surface area. 

John D. 
    2014 TAB M@X S series

• Options
    Well, brought the T@B from storage in order to try the Alde. Thanks to all the wonderful help from this forum, we drained the Alde, leveled the T@B, fired up on propane as we aren't able to pull into our drive, she would drag, so no electric. So here is camping in the Bluegrass in 30 degree weather. Baby steps. Actually just relaxing, not camping yet. Thanks, Ya'll.

• Options
    BTW, toasty warm in no time on low setting.

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Way to go, Judy.  You did it.  You are SO getting there.  :D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)