Options

Power failure

Experienced total power failure as we were breaking down camp.  
First thoughts were to check fuses but since we were leaving we thought we would wait until we returned home.  Battery was fine and fully charged.
Observations:  TV, DVD, all lights, no power.  Recently installed frig mod fan, air mod fan, overhead fan and air conditioner had power.
Accessed the power center/converter.  Red light on at F3.  Fuse removed, was not blown.  Reinstalled.  System working.
My husband and I are more concerned about the reason we experienced the failure.  
I checked the GFCI outlet located near the floor.  Not tripped.
We have used our T@B 2014 S Maxx frequently.  No apparent power issues until this weekend.  
The under counter kitchen light seem d to be sporadic this week.  Is,it possible that a bad switch on this small light could be the problem?
It is winter storage time but we would appreciate your comments/suggestions.
Thank you.
Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I would replace the fuse, anyway and see if it was just bad.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited October 2015
    Maybe there was an issue with the campground power pedestal?   Some of these installations are old and deteriorated and could be the culprit.  Have you powered up the trailer at your home and checked things?   It very well could have been an issue related to the system the park is on (e.g., a tree limb on the primary causing a quick interruption and trip of the circuit, something going to ground on the park side, rodent in a transformer, etc.) and might just be a fluke.  I worked for the power company for many years and have seen some strange things happen that make customers believe it is related to their service or home.  If you have checked the fusing, believe your electrical modifications are clean (no bare/loose wires, etc.) and that nothing is wrong on your end I wouldn't worry about it.  

I would check things out with a digital voltmeter and verify that the voltage is correct and possibly check connections and go from there.  These things do happen and unless it is a recurring event I wouldn't sweat it.  Loose ground wires create a lot of these issues as do bare wiring, a failing piece of equipment, or wiring that is crushed via a screw, paneling squashing wiring, loose connections, etc.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Thank you.  All is well and working great.  
    Our driveway is sloped and we aren't able to pull up to garage and running a long extension cord could possibly cause a voltage drop.
    Jenn, winterized today but will certainly take your advise into consideration.
    Mike, I am thankful you replied.  I value your input.

Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32