Options

Registering the Alde, fan, fridge, cooktop, etc?

I wanted to register each item so they're covered by warranty but the paperwork given to me doesn't have any serial numbers, etc. Are these items just automatically covered (how would the companies know the specifics - I really doubt the dealer sends each one the serial numbers). Thanks - Michele
Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

Comments

• Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Michele: Well all I can help with right now is with the Alde. We register it on line. The Model and S/N wren on the top of our unit (2016 T@B Max S) . Just lift up the seat cushion and its on top of the unit. The S/N for our Norcold was in the plastic package with the books on a Tag. Thats as far as we have gone as we have only had her for a few weeks. John
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    John&Kris said:
    Michele: Well all I can help with right now is with the Alde. We register it on line. The Model and S/N wren on the top of our unit (2016 T@B Max S) . Just lift up the seat cushion and its on top of the unit. The S/N for our Norcold was in the plastic package with the books on a Tag. Thats as far as we have gone as we have only had her for a few weeks. John

Okay --- I'll look at the Alde next time I'm at the storage lot (just left there - and when I opened the fridge I did see the tag!).  Thank you.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    How long are the warranties on those items? Figured they'd be covered by the LG one year so never even thought about registering them separately.
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    I'm pretty sure I read those appliances are individually warranted (for instance I thought I saw Mike posting recently various locations of service centers for one of them - can't remember). I'm sure the factory or dealer could act as the "first contact" if something goes wrong - I just like to make sure so thought I'd register myself.

• Options
    Every account of one needing service I've read here has started with a call to Ed at Little Guy who then authorizes warranty work at a Norcold/Alde/etc service center. At least during that first year.
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

The major components of the T@B are covered under LG's one-year warranty.  To register my T@B and its purchase date, I completed and faxed to LG the warranty sheet which can be found on LG's website.  You should have received in your packet from the dealer some information from individual manufacturers, such as the toilet and the Norcold, and an offer to purchase an extended warranty beyond the one-year date.  I opted to purchase the Norcold 4-yr. extended warranty for only $129, which I think is a fair price -- but of course due to Murphy's Law, my Norcold is the perfect child and I will probably never get to cash in on my insurance purchase.  That's fine with me.  I would rather have my Norcold ticking along without a hiccup than to have to justify my extended warranty purchase.  

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    duckblind123duckblind123 Member Posts: 62
    We just picked up our T@B on Saturday (4/23) and the dealer registered the the T@B for us.  However, they did mention that each component had a warranty that could also be registered.  Is there a complete listing of all model and serial numbers for the components in a specific T@B that maybe the factory would have?  Or do we just have to hunt and seek each individual component?  Seems the latter will be very time consuming, not to mention that some dis-assembly may have to occur to retrieve the appropriate model and serial number information.  Any advice on how others did this is much appreciated.

Marc & Janet
    2016 T@B Max S - 2017 Honda Pilot - Winchester,VA

• Options
    You should have gotten manuals for each of the major components - Been so long ago I can't recall for sure but I think those contained registration info and required serial numbers.
  • Options
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    Belt-and-suspenders types might find this an interesting read:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/07/do-you-really-have-to-fill-out-those-product-registration-cards/index.htm

In summary, federal law prohibits requiring cards for full warranties. Cards may be required for validating a more common limited warranty--but this needs to be expressly stated as a condition.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    While I cringe at registering appliance warranties because of the "junk mail" issue, if I hadn't done so for my solar panel, I'd have never been contacted that there was a voluntary recall or known that my panel was getting overheated in one square and discoloring my roof after one season. There's a few upsides to warranty registration. Many electronic registrations will explicitly allow you to opt out of newsletters and email advertisements (of course, the default is those boxes are always checked to allow them).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)