Options

Access to plumbing?

ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
I took some time while winterizing the new T@B Max-S to get aquainted with the layout of the plumbing and other mechanical systems. (Been too busy camping all summer!) I notice there are several plumbing lines and connections down in the wall behind the toilet. You can see them through the water-pump access hatch, but actually reaching them is another story.

In a perfect world, there will be no need to ever get at this stuff, but we know how that works… Anybody ever have to get in there for repairs or modifications? If so, how did you do it without tearing up a good portion of the bathroom?
2015 T@B S

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Can you get at it thru the side walls of the kitchen cabinets? Would be easier to patch/repair than the bathroom walls.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited October 2015
    ScottG said:
    Anybody ever have to get in there for repairs or modifications? If so, how did you do it without tearing up a good portion of the bathroom?
    If that were ever necessary you'd be better off to consult with the factory techs as I'm sure they could give you the best advice and could minimize damage via dis-assembly, tear out, etc.  They're probably the hot and cold water lines, drain, etc.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Those are the lines going to the kitchen sink, if you have the S model. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited October 2015
    ScottG said:
    I took some time while winterizing the new T@B Max-S to get aquainted with the layout of the plumbing and other mechanical systems. (Been too busy camping all summer!) I notice there are several plumbing lines and connections down in the wall behind the toilet. You can see them through the water-pump access hatch, but actually reaching them is another story.

In a perfect world, there will be no need to ever get at this stuff, but we know how that works… Anybody ever have to get in there for repairs or modifications? If so, how did you do it without tearing up a good portion of the bathroom?
    Bathroom plumbing is accessible via the removable panel below the Alde control panel and behind the mirror in the bathroom in so.e models.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    The sink lines are back there, as well as the city water connection, the loop for the pump, the onboard tank filler tube, and their associated elbows, connectors, and whatnot. Lots of pretty colored wires down there, too...

I guess it's good that nobody has had to dig in there yet, so I'll cross that bridge when/if needed. Thanks for the thoughts!
    2015 T@B S